viii. the dog

✦✧✦
CHAPTER EIGHT:
THE DOG
✦✧✦

When the day of Hogsmeade came, it was probably the last place she wanted to be. All of the giggling third years who finally were allowed to go, the weather, plus the fact she didn't bring a jacket. The people she actually wanted to be spending the day with weren't here. Unfortunately for her, she and Enzo had barely made it through the front door of the Three Broomsticks, because the entire pub had been full up to it's brim.

So he suggested a walk, which she didn't expect to last so long.

Thankfully, there had been a bench a few minutes outside of Hogsmeade which they both sat on.

"How about white zombie?" Enzo suggested. He had been trying to find her favorite zombie movie. So far he had guessed almost twenty films, she didn't like even one of them. "Come on that's kind of good!"

She sighs. "Nope. Scary, but nope."

"Night of the living dead-"

She scrunches her her nose up. "Try again."

He clicks his fingers. " Oh I got it. Dawn of the dead!"

Wrong.

Aurora grins, "Well done, after twenty guesses you finally got it."

Somehow she ended up closer towards him. His arm had already been wrapped around her. His other hand reaches up to softly push the strands of raven hair behind her ears. They both leaned in.

And then a loud bark broke them apart.

Aurora squeezes her eyes shut in annoyance before turning towards the noise.

Hermione, Ron and Harry all stood in front of her panting lightly. They all glanced between her the waggling figure at their feet.

( If she was looking closely, she would have noticed how Hermione's hair stood up at the top due to running after the man in his animagus form, who immediately took off sprinting at the view of the daughter in the distance

( and how Harry was glancing between Sirius and the boy sitting next to Aurora, wondering whether or not he would be mad if he ate him

( or maybe she would have noticed that for once in his life Ron Weasley didn't look utterly confused, and was almost on the verge to spluttering out everything )

She glances down noticing an incredibly tall shabby looking black dog standing in front of her.

Her expression turned into one of confusion, Why were they here? And why did they have a dog? And why was the dog barking at the boy next to her, and not her. . .

The dog didn't even look at her, but at the boy next to her growling viscously.

"I thought you guys weren't coming to Hogsmeade?" she says loudly.

The dog stops for a second, and tilts his head at her.

She didn't miss the look the three of them exchanged.