xii. saturday

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWELVE:

SATURDAYS

        When she woke up in Gryffindor Common Room the day after her detention, she was mildly confused.

      She went to push herself up from her couch. However, she stops when she realized she couldn't apply pressure to her hands. She brought them up from underneath the blanket and she examined them. Then the events from the following night came into her mind. She didn't know why there was a blanket draped around her but she grateful for it.

     Her right hand appeared more swollen than her left hand. There was several dark bruises on them both. She had never been hurt inside Hogwarts before, and this made her question many things.

       It felt like she back at the Mansion again: which was something she never thought she'd feel inside the walls of Hogwarts.

     She couldn't even twitch her fingers without inhaling a sharp breath.

     Her eyes scan the room before noticing a cup of hot chocolate, with a straw placed directly in front of her with a note beside it.

Rora,

She smiled at the first line.

Luke brought you back last night, said you had food poisoning.

   Told Professor McGonagall you were sick, hope your feeling better. If you awake by lunch time I'll come and see you...don't come to any lessons. I'll go see if Madam Pomfrey has anything to help.

  Harry

    Her stomach churned as she reads the note, but in a good way. She found that even though she was still furious with him about lying (as she was to them all) something about her relationship with Harry had changed ever since they fought. He was more affectionate now, and she found he was always checking in on her...getting her stuff she wanted...it was a weird switch.

       It was like they were in first year again.

          The room grew rather warm, she sat back, the corner of her lips twitched up. Her fingertips trailed over the letter as she imagined him writing it. She felt comfort in knowing he cared. Sometimes, especially lately, she had doubted it. Her mind travelled to the events that happened last night to try and focus on something else. The door opens, and she can hear the Fat Lady let someone in.