xv. gryffindor party of broken hearts

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

GRYFFINDOR PARTY OF BROKEN HEARTS

★ ★ ★

After bringing Otis for a walk with Luke, she passed the puppy off to him and quickly made her way to the greenhouse to start her lessons on Friday morning.

Originally she wasn't going to take the subject but then when finding out Hermione, Ron and Harry were taking it she decided to. Actually she choose it before her and Harry broke up and he promised to help her studying for it. She remembered him begging her to do the subject because he didn't want to do it alone.

"Anyways so how was Slughorn's party?" Harry questioned, eyes flickering between the two girls.

Since she spoke to him the other week, the two of them were having the smallest of conversation. They were never alone but sometimes there was a small hum of conversation between them. It left her wondering whether they would be friends again soon. It wasn't like Harry spoke with her, he only listened but still, they were now not as awkward around one another.

It made her happy for the first time since coming back.

"Oh, it was quite fun really," Hermione answered, when she made no attempt to speak. "I mean, he drones on about famous exploits a bit, and he absolutely fawns on McLaggen because he's so well connected, but he gave us some really nice food and he introduced us to Gwenog Jones."

"McLaggen is actually very good looking, Hermione." she murmurs, with raised brows. "I know from experience he's very benevolent. Think he has a little crush on you."

"Benevolent?" Harry and Ron asked in confusion.

"Benevolent." she confirms not giving it another thought unlike both boys.

"Gwenog Jones?" Ron repeated, disregarding her last part. "The Gwenog Jones? Captain of the Holyhead Harpies?"

Hermione stared at him. "That's right. Personally, I thought she was a bit full of herself, but-"

"Quite enough chat over here!" Professor Sprout shouts briskly, over at the four of them. "You're lagging behind, everybody else has started, and Neville's already got his first pod!"

Aurora glances at Neville who was bruising all around his face. She shivers slightly at the thought and steps back away from the plant. She grabs her safety glasses and puts them on. She glances up at Harry then looks back down at the plant.