xxii. goodbyes

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:

GOODBYES

If Sirius' look could kill, Harry Potter would been dead ten minutes ago.

Ron, if you can read my mind, please stop smiling, Aurora thought. Harry hasn't left her side, and even had his hand rested on her lower back, on the table. She wasn't sure if she should have sat down or what.

" What the actual fuck?"

"Sirius you've said that twice now." Tonk pointed out. "The advice I gave you worked then, did it, Harry?"

Aurora gave Harry a surprised look. Advice?

" You two." Sirius mumbled, " I'm gonna be sick. Remus get me bucket, pronto."

McGonagall turns towards Harry, examining the fact his eye was starting to bruise. "Mr Potter I insist that you come with me to get that eye sorted."

"I would er prefer to stay here, Professor." Harry says, out loud, causing a room of wide eyes. "If that is alright?"

"No it isn't." McGonagall replied, her eyes dart back and forward between her and him. "You can see Miss Black, before she leaves. Now, come along. I haven't got all night. Umbridge will be back and these two," she points at her and Sirius, "Need to be gone when she does."

Harry nods, he turns to speak with her but Sirius cleared his throat loudly, indicating there was no time to even speak about what just happened. She sent Harry a small smile before he walked away. He sent it back almost instantly.

Ron and Harry did a weird handshake also but she didn't focus on that. Hermione, Ron and Neville all left as well, leaving her and Luke.

Once they left, Seth spoke. "Hi Aurora. It's nice to see you again, even under these circumstances. We should probably start off as to why we're here."

"That would be adequate."

"We got Luke, and Harry's letters about Umbridge. How she's been treating you differently compared to everyone else. What she said to you, about you being dangerous." Remus begins, sending her a soft smile. "The letter only came this morning."

"Why did you all come?"

"We were worried that something might have happened since then." Alice speaks up, as if waited for the opportunity. Aurora looked at her, and Alice's smile was so welcoming. "I know you don't remember me, I'm Alice, Neville's mum. You..were in the hospital the day I got my memory back."