vii. black roses

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER SEVEN:

BLACK ROSES

"I guess in a strange way... you're sort of like my Darth Vader?"

       These are the first words spoken for a long time in the room.

     It's not almost six in the morning, and no words were spoken for quite some time. Sirius is sitting beside her, but when she says this he turns and looks at her.

   "Weird comparison," he commented, no rudely but more so interested. "Please continue."

    "Well you know? I'm like Princess Leia, pretty, unforgiving, and you, you are like Vader. Kinda scary, a criminal but ultimately a good guy who was kind of done...wrongly."

  "Thank you...I think?"

       She goes to speak but is cut off when suddenly a noise bangs against the window. The two of them glance outside only to see a yellow streak fly past the window.

It took her a moment to realise it was lightning.

    Sirius glanced outside the window and immensely January the first came into his mind.

   He turns back to Aurora.

"You look pale," he points outs. "What's wrong?"

  "It's just the weather makes me feel sick." she replies, "I don't like lightening. I've never been able to sleep through it."

     He frowned. "Oh right. Your mum hated lightening as well. Always had to use cassette tapes to drown it out. Maybe, that's where you got it from?"

      And then he saw her eyes spark with curiosity.

  "Really, why?"

    "She didn't like the effects of it. I think it was more the noise than anything. I'll be right back."

    Then he got up and left.

     Aurora furrows her eyebrows in confusion but none the less she shifted in her spot and sat up.

     She pauses the film and waits. For a moment she didn't think he was returning before the sound of loud footsteps came roaring down the stairs.