xxxii. o.w.l.s*

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:

O.W.L'S

★ ★ ★

The morning of the first O.W.L exam came around.

She stood outside the Great Hall alongside Luke. They were the first two people there. Given, the two of them had been awake what felt like the entire night trying to study. He stood beside her with his head resting across her own head. There was a comfortable silence between them.

"I'm gonna fail." she whispers. "I shouldn't even try with this. What's the point?"

"You'll never know till you try. Besides, who cares if you fail? One exam. One exam determines your intelligence, I say you beat the exam. We beat the exam. You studied. You did the work. After we finish this, you and me are going right down to the Three Broomsticks and we're celebrating."

She smiles at him. "I like the idea of that."

She would think of that as a motivation to get through these exams.

When more and more people started to come outside the Great Hall was when she looked at Hermione who same down with Ron. She sent her a glare and Hermione sent her one back.

"Hi." Harry says joining them both. He seemed a little surprised to see her actually here. He leans across and takes her hands into his. "You two up early?"

Aurora shakes her head. "Nope."

"Did you eat this morning?" Harry asked, to which she shakes her head. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a protein bar. "You want this?"

"Thanks but I can't eat right now." she says lowly, shaking her head. "Feel like I'm gonna be sick."

"Are you nervous about exams....?"

"No, of course not." she tried to say as convincingly as possible. Harry continued to look at her as if wondering why she was nervous. She quickly came up with lie. "Woman problems."

"Oh." Harry asked awkwardly. "Do you want me to get you something....."

Before she could reply, the doors opened to the Great Hall and there was three examiners who stood at the doorway. They signalled for them all to enter which they did. She entered the Great Hall which was now transformed into an Exam Hall. Their seats were all separated and they had to look for their names. When Aurora found hers, she sat down.