xxxvii. bittersweet ending

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN:

BITTERSWEET ENDING

★ ★ ★

When she let go of the Portkey, she immediately knew there was something wrong. Harry's hand was gone from hers.

Her instincts proved correct because when she landed in Dumbledore's office, her and Harry were not alone. He was not beside her anymore. She looked around the room. The room was full of more than a dozen people, mostly middle aged men and women, but also many young people.

She whirled around the room taking in every single person - every face, every detail that she would remember. However, there was one person whose face she landed on and she drew in a sharp breath when spotting him. It was him, Marcos, and she knew almost immediately. He was a tall man, maybe the same size as Sirius, except much more muscular. He had thin black short hair that stuck up in slicked spikes, and piercing blue eyes - so bright, and fierce you would get lost in them.

They had finally come from her, presumably planned.

She didn't focus on him for long, instead he had Harry held by two men in front of him. He held a knife to his throat, which caused an immediate alarm. Harry had a red bruise cover his under eye and he sent her a look that told her to run.

She should have known something like this would happen, and she also should have been more careful.

More importantly, she wondered how he got into Hogwarts. Sirius said that her mum put a spell over the grounds of Hogwarts to stop them from entering.
So how did they get in?

"I've waited for this for so many years." Marcos said, without introducing himself. He expected her to know. She stood in the middle of the room, afraid to move, and even afraid to speak. "It's nice to meet you. To be honest I wasn't sure this day was going to come, and how glad I am that it has. It's a beautiful day, today, isn't it?"

She didn't reply only narrowed her eyes to him.

"Oh, my apologies, Aurora." he said, and when he said her name her eyes narrowed. Her eyes flicker to Harry, who was glaring at Marcos as if he was trying to set his mind on fire. "Despite the fact you met my crummy son, I never introduced myself to you, I'm Marcos Hampton."

"I know who you are," she said in a clear voice, and she tried to hide the fear she felt in it. Not fear for herself. When he mentioned Beckham, her heart quickened unusually. "Beckham? Where is he? What have you done with him?"