i. Lonely days

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

CHAPTER ONE:

LONELY DAYS

✦✧✦

Summer like Christmas, was a curse for Aurora.

It was no surprise that her summer consisted of attending range of social events some people would be happy to attend. For the most, she was staying in her bedroom or socialising with the highest class of Wizards in the world. This is what usually happened, except this summer, her grandparents were so adamant on having her married off they forced her to go to over thirty social garden events. As expected, Aurora played the part and pretended to enjoy these demining introductions.

   Last she heard Hermione was staying at the Weasley residence. Harry had also been there for a couple weeks and she missed him dearly. She missed them both dearly. One of the reasons she missed them both was because since the start of third year, they all planned to go to the Quidditch World Cup. She thought maybe she would be able to go since she complied with her grandparents wishes but they said no the second she asked. It had been something she was looking forward to doing all throughout third year and was greatly disappointed that they said no.

     (Of course it was expected but that didn't stop her from being disappointed that she couldn't go).

She even tried to sneak out for the day just to meet with Hermione, Ron and Harry but she got caught. The consequences hurt for days but in the moment she missed her friends so much that she didn't care. In addition to this, she tried to meet with Luke over a dozen times but her grandparents would not budge. Last she heard from Luke, he got a job in a muggle shop, and had a crush on his co-worker, a girl named Estella.

Estella, Aurora thought, how lucky.

Outside Aleksander Mansion, Aurora lay down on the sunbed by the pool which was never used before. Surprising for England, the sun was actually shining for once and she took this opportunity to go outside for one day. She had spent her entire summer locked up in the mansion - practicing her French, doing her studies, meeting with stupid boys who her grandparents believed she was suited to marry - and basically did nothing she wanted to do.

    Like every single summer.

      She wondered what Hermione, Ron and Harry were doing right now. Considering they were all together. Lucky them, the jealous voice in the back of her head says, getting to spend most of the summer together would have sounded like a wish in a bottle to her. She would have done anything to even spend a couple hours with anyone she actually wanted to meet with. Despite the fact she sometimes didn't show it, she did really care about them all.