x. matchmaking

✦✧✦CHAPTER TEN:MATCHMAKING ✦✧✦

✦✧✦
CHAPTER TEN:
MATCHMAKING
✦✧✦

A couple days before the Yule Ball everyone was on a high note, except Aurora who roomed the halls originally on her way to detention with Professor Sprout. That was until she saw Neville standing in the middle of the hallway. A group of girls walked away laughing.

She glances down at the handpicked flowers in his hands.

It then took her a second to realize he was trying to get a date for the Yule Ball.

"Hey Neville." she mentions, strolling over towards him. "Nice flowers. I hate roses think there rather cliche, unless there black of corse."

Luckily he had a mixture of flowers in her hands and they were anything but roses.

"I was trying to get a date for the Yule Ball. Kind of failed." he held up the flowers. He handed them over to her. "Here, considering you're the only girl in Hogwarts who is actually nice, and Hermione. You deserved them more than anyone else."

"Keep them. I'm sure you'll get a date Neville." she passed them back to him.

"I don't think so. It's not like I'm Cedric Diggory."

She didn't understand it. Neville was one of the most kindest people she knew and the fact he didn't have a date made her confused.

Society was weird, she thinks, girls would go for jerks instead of nice guys.

As she thinks about it herself, the majority of boys she had been with in Hogwarts had all be popular.

Come to think of it, she never really dated someone not popular, she didn't really give anyone else a chance.

However most of the guys who dated her only did so for her looks.

"Actually there was this, this girl in. . .Ravenclaw and she were looking for someone to go to the Yule Ball with, and when she er - asked about you I just presumed that you would have someone already so I said no." she blurted out in a complete lie.

Why did she lie?

Oh right, because she was an idiot.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Actually, I thought I saw her by the staircase. I'll go check." she gives him a fake grin. "I'll be right back."

Why did she say that? she turns on her heel as she makes her way towards the Ravenclaw common room. She turns around seeing Neville doing a victory dance as he shot his fist through the air.