xi. reality hits

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

REALITY HITS

★ ★ ★

When the twenty-sixth of September came around the birthday boy, Luke Murphy, would have been seen curled up to the currently Aurora Black. The sun was shining into the room, and the two turned around and faced one another.

She leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Happy birthday."

"Do you feel all cried out?" Luke asked, ignoring the fact today was his birthday.

She shakes her head, and sniffled. "No."

It had been a few days since her and Harry broke up and in those days he hadn't spoken or acknowledged her presence even once. In those days, he would either clear away when he saw her or completely act as though she wasn't there. Every time she looked at him, she just wanted to burst into tears but for some reason it never happened until after she left the room.

"Today's not about me though, it's about you. Happy birthday!" she grinned, and out of nowhere Luke watched as she pulled out a birthday banner from under her pillow and threw it at him. "Happy Birthday -"

"You've said that too many times but thank you. How long have you had that banner under there?"

"All week. I have the entire day planned out -"

"I just want to stay here with you." he mumbles, moving closer to her and resting his head in the gap of her neck. "Its weird not having a birthday with my grandmother. This is the second one. I miss her."

Aurora brings her hand up and places it across his temple, and softly brinde her fingers back along through his hair. She never forgot about the amount of pain Luke was put through during his life. He was bitten when he was a child by a werewolf, he suffered through social anxiety for so many years, and his grandmother died a little over a year ago.

"I'm always going to be here for you." she told him quietly, and his eyes flickered up to meet hers. Out of everyone she had come to known and trust, Luke would always be number one at the top of that list. She looked down at him. "Even when you don't want me to be, if you ever want to talk anything. I love you Luke."

Luke, who was looking at her like her words made him want to cry, nods softly. He leaned up and pressed a kiss against her forehead. "I love you, and the same goes for you."