xiv. a splash of water

✦✧✦CHAPTER FOURTEEN:SPLASH OF WATER✦✧✦

✦✧✦
CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
SPLASH OF WATER
✦✧✦

Kings Cross Station is full of people when they return to Hogwarts.

In the Midst of the mix, Rotandia and Menuata enter the train station, behind them Aurora strolls slowly holding her left arm in. Her hands were placed across her stomach, and to anyone who would have been slowly watching her they would have noticed she was limping.

"Walk properly," Rotandia hissed down at her when she notices. "You are drawing attention."

"I'm trying." she says irritably, "It's not that easy when you feel like your spine is about to fall out."

They came to a halt when the train's whistle blows out for the last time.

"I shall see you once Summer comes. We have much to discuss."

This is all that's said between them. Before she could even say something Rotandia had turned away from her and left the station without so much as another word.

Worst thing was, she preferred it that way.

When she gets on the train she heads towards the bathroom. The pain that was emitting from her rib was very agonising. The bruises were raw against her shirt, and tedious against her skin.

"Hi Aurora!" Neville mentions walking past her.

She forces a reply and smile out of her as she walks by him, when he is gone her smile drops and she enters the bathroom. The moment the bathroom door is shut an anguished cry escaped her lips as she sits down against the counter.

She lifts up her shirt to glance down at her bruises. The bark of her stomach was bright red with blotches of purple and blue bruises. Despite the fact they may have pained, she didn't regret the fact she spoke back to her grandparents.

In fact, in a stranger way she felt happy that she did.

"Aurora," a voice calls and oddly she recognises it as Luke. "Are you in there?"

Aurora furrows her eyebrows and reaches forward opening the bathroom door. He comes into the bathroom and she shuts the door behind him.

"Did you follow me to the bathroom?"

"I was calling you. I don't think you heard me."

He studies her expression, his eyes zoom in on the bruise on her lip, which she had covered with makeup. Clearly, he noticed it because of his sharp sight. He leans over towards her and his hand comes up to her lip.