xxvii. chess

★ ★ ★  CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:

CHESS

Aurora played a game of chess in Harry, Ron and Luke's combined room. She didn't know when the three decided to all stay together, but over the last couple months, they had become quite close.

She sits across from Harry, after he makes another move.

The game had been going on for almost an hour at this stage. Luke refused to play saying he found the game irreverent, and confusing. Ron was in the midst of almost falling asleep on the arm chair. Harry didn't want to play but didn't let it show, she could tell.

Once he finishes, she examines the board before taking another one of his pieces. "My Queen takes your Queen, and now your King has to move."

He rolled his eyes. "But why?"

She grins. "It's the rules."

"You've never followed the rules." he replied, before grabbing one of her own pieces and practically throwing off the board. She starts to laugh, and before she could say anything a voice broke through from downstairs. "I win."

"Harry! Down stairs, please!" a new voice calls. It was Molly, "Snahere!"

Harry stood up, and naturally extended his hands down to her, she took them. She resisted the urge to smile. He was learning now a little bit more of what it meant to be in a relationship. She said goodbye to the two boys before the two of them went downstairs to the kitchen door where Molly stood, she sighed upon seeing the both of them.

"Mrs. Weasley, what did you say?"

"Do you two not know who to be apart, now?" Molly questioned, causing both of them to exchange a look. Aurora shrugged. Harry flushed. "Professor Snape, dear. In the kitchen. He'd like a word."

Her nose scrunches. "Snape?"

"Professor Snape, dear. In the kitchen. He'd like a word."

Harry's mouth fell open in horror. "What?"

"Now come on, quickly, he says he can't stay long."

Aurora stepped back, shaking her head. "I've seen the last of him. You go, have fun."

She tried to pry her hand from Harry's grip, but it didn't work. Instead, the boy had softened his green eyes at her and frowned. His face practically read to not let him go in there alone.