xv. high inquistor

★ ★ ★CHAPTER FIFTEEN:HIGH INQUISITOR★ ★ ★

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
HIGH INQUISITOR

"What does high inquisitor even mean?" Aurora asked this question on Monday Morning in Potions. She takes her usual seat at their table beside Hermione. Snape had been writing on the board for the last few minutes, and everyone took this opportunity to indulge in some conversation about Umbridge. Umbridge had been elected the high Inquisitor of Hogwarts. She looks down at the Daily Prophet article.

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM
DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED
FIRST EVER HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

    It had been passed around the classroom. Several people had let out gasps when they read it.

"It means she's going to have complete control over Hogwarts in a matter of time." Harry answers, "She already has power over the Professors. Next it will Dumbledore. Despite the fact this school does need some changes, I would prefer if quite literally anyone else would be the one doing it."

  "Fantastic."

  "Tell me, Miss Black, what goes on in your head?" Snape asked, moments later, handing her back an empty potions exam. Everything was left blank.

   "Sir, I really don't think you want to know the answer to that one."

      In the second part of the lesson, Umbridge came in to inspect the lesson, informing them she would be joining several of their lessons today.

"You applied first for the Defence Against the Dark Arts post? Is that correct?"

Aurora snickered loudly.

Snape stood still, and emotionless. "Yes."

Ron and Aurora chuckled under their jumpers.

"But you were unsuccessful?"

"Obviously."

"Hmm." Umbridge hummed. Once she left the back of Snape's potion book made contact with Ron's head, whilst Aurora earned a detention.

  After this they had charms, and thankfully the woman hadn't appeared there, next it was Divination with Professor Trelawney, who was in tears by the end of the lesson because of the woman. Then it was Professor Sprout in Herbology, who seemed done with everything about Hogwarts. Lastly, it was Professor McGonagall. It was the first time Aurora had been early for lesson, it seemed as though the entire class was. They were extremely careful, she had warned them about Professor Umbridge and that they were to be on their best behavior that day.

Especially her.

     Professor McGonagall marched into the room without giving the slightest look over towards Umbridge, who sat perched with a notepad on her lap.