i. the reawakening

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER ONE:

THE REAWAKENING

★ ★ ★

Aurora's grey eyes burst open, following a series of gasps flew from her burning throat.

She wasn't aware of her surroundings, that was the first thing she realised. She could only hear the sound of an owl in the night. When she actually came around to being able to see, she could see the stars twinkling in the sky. Her mind was awake but she couldn't move - it was like she could see everything and hear, but couldn't speak or move.

It was like someone was holding her down.

She didn't know how long she was there for. It could have been seconds, minutes, maybe even an hour, but eventually she was able to move.

When she opened her mouth to speak, her words came out croaked, and broken.

"D-Dad?"

Aurora felt her clothes downing on her, and she spared a glance down at them. Her white shirt was no longer white, it was soaked in red. It was blood. Suddenly, everything came back to her. Her eyes widened. Harry's cries and pleads, she remembered it all. She squeezed her eyes shut, she remembered it all, she remembered going to the ministry, running from the death eaters, she remembered....

She remembered dying.

Her hand flew up to her mouth as a mixture of shock and confusion spread up to her face. She found a lump in her throat had formed when she suddenly found it hard to breath.

She was dead. She had been killed.

She immediately looked around after the realization she was no longer alive. She was supposed to live with her dad...

...and Luke, she thought, he's going to have to go through the full moon alone.

Sirius was going to blame himself. He couldn't have stopped it either way.

Harry, she didn't even want to think about what happened to him. She wasn't going to see Ron and Hermione together. There was so much that was going to happen and she wouldn't there for any of it.

She noticed she was in what appeared to be a familiar woods.

She sat up holding her chest. The blade, the pain. She remembered every feeling that ran through her body when that happened. Aurora stood up tipsily. The sound of her wrists cracking made her wince in pain. She pushed herself up off the ground.

"Mango! What is taking so long?"

Instantly, she had turned around towards the male voice who yelled this.