xvix. a different christmas

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

A DIFFERENT CHRISTMAS
(WARNING: TALK OF ABUSE)

★ ★ ★

Sirius Black attempted to wake his daughter up on the 25th of December.

"Come on its Christmas."

"Yeah and your point is?"

"It's Christmas. I will never understand why you don't love Christmas as much as every other kid."

"Believe it or not I like it a lot more this year but I'm not in the mood-"

"Please-"

"I'm to tired to celebrate-"

"My love," Sirius says kneeling down beside her bedside, "It's Christmas, come on, you want to see Remus and James, right? You haven't seen Remus in months."

She lifts her head and for a moment Sirius thought she was going to get up. "But Harry's coming-"

Sirius groans. "I don't want to know about your love life."

"But-"

"Aurora I had to watch my godson and another boy physically fight over you on the Quidditch pitch, both drunk, at half four in the morning. I also seen what was on your neck. I have no desire to hear about your...encounters with boys."

"I wish mum was here." Aurora said and she saw the instance look of wonder in his eyes. "She could give me advice."

He smiles. "I know exactly what she would say."

"Really, what?" her eyes lit up.

"She would tell you to forget about relationships all together. You're too young and you need to focus on your studies." Sirius said and when she appointed him a look he added. "I knew your mum, Aurora. That's exactly what she'd say."

"You're such a bullshitter."

"Yeah and you're an aggressive little fighter but you don't hear me saying, that do you? Plus you sleep an insane amount. You've been asleep since seven o'clock yesterday, that's...like ten hours of sleep."

Times like this was glad she wasn't in Aleksander Mansion anymore, there was no time limit on how many hours she got sleep for.

One good thing was the fact she was able to sleep by herself now, without waking up through the night.

"Right. I should probably get up and changed." the mentions offhandedly glancing around her room, which had been messy. The one thing she enjoyed the most about this room was the fact there was a bathroom - that included a bath and shower - that was her own. "I'll come down downstairs in a bit."