xxx. bliss

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTY:

BLISS

     "I know this is probably a bad time to ask but what are we suppose to do about your adoption?"

    It had been a day since she woke up in the hospital and on that day she spent it at Harry's bedside. He wasn't waking up for some reason, which caused her worry and fear to intensify. She wasn't allowed to see him currently but the doctor Jackie brought her in once yesterday evening. He looked miserable: he had been sleeping quietly, hooked up to a machine and barely looked alive. The surgery went well they said but it was ultimately all up to Harry now.

According to the doctor, he should be awake any day now.

That was the only reason she was alright. That's the only reason she hasn't completely broken down.

      Luke was drawing his name across her cast. "Given everything that happened, does that still matter anymore?"

"Of course it matters," Remus says from the armchair. He had slept there nearly all night. "There's a solution somewhere. I just don't think me fake marrying someone is going to do any good—"

"It's a brilliant solution! We just need to find the right woman!" James says.

"It will do good!" Sirius interrupted at the same time. "Then you'll be able to adopt Luke and once this stupid war is all over then we can all go back to normality. We can all finally focus on what is important."

"It's a pity ye won't have long of living together, though." Aurora chirps, folding her clothes and placing them into her trunk. She continued to do so until noticing Sirius, Remus and James all became quiet and full-on confused.

   "What do you mean?" Remus asked Luke.

     Aurora became silent and she and Luke exchanged a look.

    "Well, I'll be moving back into the apartment in London once I finish Hogwarts," Luke told him.

    Sirius was surprised, and his attention then went to his daughter. Was she thinking of doing the same? The entire concept did not even occur to him. She was a child.

    "Are you both doing this?" James asked, hazel eyes flickering between them.

  "Well...I mean...I'll be moving out after seventh year." Aurora tells him, and they all seemed extremely surprised by this. "Y'know, that's why I got the apartment? Luke and I were gonna live together before everything happened in the fifth year. I think Harry is going to move in with us too. Edward and Luke were going to rent one of the apartments also."