xii. adjustment

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWELVE:

ADJUSTMENT

★ ★ ★

She felt insanely overwhelmed when she returned to Hogwarts. Everyone was asking her questions and she was hugged by so many people she lost track. The only hugs she remembered was Dean and Seamus'.

Hogwarts felt like it had gotten bigger from the last time she set foot in the castle. It was weird to think about when she first came to Hogwarts in her first year, she would have never expected half the number of things of happen to her as they did.

Like, she literally died.

"I've missed you so much." says Ron, after putting her back down from the ground. At first she didn't even realise it was him, he looked different. Not very different but different enough that it was noticeable. His hair was cut short and he filled out his top a lot more, he had also grown about a foot. "I still can't believe you're back. I thought Dumbledore was lying."

"I missed you." she holds his face in her hands softly and grins. "You've changed."

Ron cut off his own laughter very quickly and added. "What about you? You've grown a few inches."

She had. "I know." her eyes flicker past him and around the Great Hall. There was so many people surrounding her right now, so many faces who she had seen before but not remembered. However she was only looking for one person, but the girl wasn't there, "Where's Hermione?"

"Oh. . . .she wasn't sure if you'd want to see her."

"What? Of course I want to. Where is she?"

"Last time I checked the common room." Ron says smiling. She could tell he was happy at the fact there was going to be any tension between the two. The last thing Aurora was going to do right now was start unnecessary drama. "I'll come with you."

Unfortunately the pathway to the Great hall had been blocked by the numerous number of people. She had received multiple cards and hugs from the people in Hogwarts which resulted in more and more students coming.

And she hated to admit it but for once, she didn't like the attention.

"Here." one boy says, handing her a set of flowers. "You are so brave."

She took them. "Oh, thank you!"

"Is this what is gonna be like every morning?" Ron questioned, once they finally left the Hall. She linked arms with him. "I assume it will ware off at some stage."