iii. acceptance

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

CHAPTER THREE:

ACCEPTANCE

✦✧✦

"Sirius, what are you doing outside? It's freezing."

Outside the Burrow, Sirius was greeted by James who came outside in a robe. It wasn't that cold, but judging by his outfit he was freezing. Sirius didn't seem to notice him until he came right beside him.

He held up an envelope, which read:

Aurora Black, O.W.L results, 1996.

"This came in the post yesterday morning. I didn't want to acknowledge it until now. She studied really hard for these and I don't want open them, she should be the one opening them." Sirius mentioned, frowning. "She is suppose to be here right now celebrating these exams like she wanted to, but where is she? She's...she is gone."

It was first time in almost a week that Sirius had showed any emotion about his daughters death.

"I really wish I knew what to say, Sirius, I do, but there's nothing I can say or do right now that can comfort you." James managed to stutter out.

"You can help me find Marcos and kill him." he said without hesitation.

"I thought you said you tried everywhere?" James asked.

"I got an address for a house over in France, his childhood home. It would make sense for him to stay out there. I want to go over there and check it out-"

"Sirius that's dangerous. If Magnolia and even Aurora couldn't-"

"I don't care if it's dangerous." Sirius shouted standing up, "Do you have any idea of what has happened? Magnolia is dead. My daughter is dead because of me, because of the pain I put her through. I wasn't there for her-"

"Sirius, y-you couldn't have stopped them-"

"James, tell me what she died of again."

James looked at him and hesitantly answered. "She died of a massive hemothorax."

"A massive hemothorax. Do you know what that means? It means her entire chest was crushing in on her so much that she couldn't feel her entire body. She felt pain everywhere. She felt her heart being crushed. The blood she was loosing went into her lungs which is what caused her to cough up blood was over five minutes straight. Her lungs collapsed which is when she started to try to breathe, Harry told me she wasn't able to breathe or move, or talk. She had pressure being pushed down at a rapid race on her lungs, and chest-"