xvix. a (not so) cheery family reunion

✦✧✦

CHAPTER NINETEEN:

A (NOT SO) CHEERY FAMILY REUNION

✦✧✦

     Silence ran through the Great Hall. Hogwarts ended two weeks early and it seemed as if every single parent had come in through the doors and collected their children. There was a few students who stayed, most of them being in Gryffindor and Hufflepuff who stayed right up until the last day.

         Hogwarts had become sad. Loosing a student felt like loosing an organ. It was a quiet two weeks, rarely any work was done and many people didn't come to classes. Cedric Diggory is — was a hero. He was a student who everyone would always remember. The kindest, bravest Hufflepuff she had ever had the pleasure of knowing. Someone who the Dark Lord took away to soon. Someone who didn't deserve the tragic and wicked fate that was given to him.

        She hoped someone would get revenge for him.

      Aurora watched him die. She remembered hearing his father's screams as they returned with his body. She remembered Cedric's last words. She remembered the way he looked before he died. She remembered every last detail about him. She remembered Harry refusing to leave Cedric's body as Hogwarts watched with empathy. She remembered Dean and Neville having to drag her away from him. She remember Edward and Sammy comforting Luke.

        She remembered it all in explicit detail: it replayed in her head almost every moment since it all ended.

         Luke had left the moment after the events of Triwizard tournament after getting wind of his grandmother being ill.

     Aurora didn't remember much from that night. She remembered how Professor McGonagall stayed with her for hours in the hospital wing. She was the only one too except Luke. Everyone else was with their families. She didn't have one of those.

Nor did she want one.

     However she was wondering why exactly she had been kidnapped by the man. Why did he try and take her blood? He tried to put her into the same cauldron he'd put Voldemort into.
She couldn't make any possible reason other than her relationship with Harry and she was an Aleksander.

But did that mean the Dark Lord was after her? Hardly. She wasn't boy who lived. Neither was Luke for that matter either. So the confusion as to why they were at the graveyard would remain a mystery to them.

           It was terrifying. Heart throbbing. It felt as though every time she shut her eyes she saw the Dark Lord's face and how he stared at her. His eyes were snake like. The Second Wizarding War was rising and she wouldn't even begin to think about what that meant for Harry.