xiii. chocolate cake

★ ★ ★CHAPTER THIRTEEN: CHOCOLATE CAKE★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
CHOCOLATE CAKE

"Where have you been?"

These are the first words she hears when she enters the castle. She turns around and is greeted by Luke. He wears a concerned look, before he springs forward and hugged her.

Right so she should probably explain. After Christmas, Hogwarts as usual started back up, except she hadn't been on the train. Instead, she ended up having to go over to France for the weekend to meet with her grandparents friends. She missed almost a week. Obviously she couldn't say at home. Plus they had an older son who she spoke with whilst she was there.

Their son was nice enough oddly, but she did stay clear of him anyway.

Friends? She remembered asking her grandparents, you have friends?

"Where have you been?" he asked again, once pulling away. "I was so worried. Are you alright? Are you sick?"

"No, no Luke I'm fine. Yeah, yeah I was sick. I had a bad flu."

She had to lie, or else he would ask why her grandparents wouldn't just let her come and go themselves.

He frowns, "Are you better now?"

"Yeah, yeah I am." she said. "I'm sorry for not replying to your letters. I was to sick. I'm sorry for worrying you. I really am. Has dinner started?"

"It just ended." he replied, "Wanna head to the kitchens?"

She doesn't hesitate to nod and the both of them go to the kitchens. When they enter the kitchens, thankfully no one is in there.

Dobby the house elf comes out. He is dressed in thin clothing and wears a red hat. "Miss Black, Mr Murphy! What a pleasure to see you again. What can Dobby make for you both?"

"Hi Dobby." Luke greets softly. "C-Could we get some chocolate cake, please? If it's not to m-much trouble."

The House-Elf scurried away and went to make the cake.

Luke sat across from her, "How was your Christmas get much things?"

The only thing she got from Christmas was more patience.

"Yeah, it was actually fun. How was your Christmas?"

"It was actually pretty fun. Thank you by the way for the gift. My grandmother loved it. She'll probably send you a letter pretty soon. I'm sorry I couldn't get you anything-"

Aurora had gotten Luke tickets to a theatre in London. He had told her about wanting to go to a theatre for years now, and she booked his tickets during the Summer.