xxxiii. melancholy

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE:

MELANCHOLY

★ ★ ★

Aurora, Luke, Edward, and Sammy all danced around in the Hufflepuff Common Room to a new song that came out.

They had all finished their exams and the year was coming to its end. June, for once, also had the brightest weather and they spent the majority of the days outside. The last month was spent planning Jackie and Remus' fake wedding, spending time with her family, and trying to make use of her magic.

Luke extended his hands, intertwining their fingers and spun her.

       "What's the name of this song, again?" Aurora asked, turning back to Edward and Sammy, who was happily wrapped up in one another's arms dancing. "Who sings it?"

        "Whitney Houston." Edward grins. "I wanna dance with somebody."

         "Well, it's my new favourite song!" She declared. "Right. Should we head down and say our goodbyes."

Today was not a good day for Aurora. She woke up knowing something bad was going to happen, and she soon realised that today was the day the dragons were being shipped back to Romania.

          Luke nods. He was equally as sad about having to set his dragon free — Archion and Hyperion had both become a small part of them. They had them since they were only a few days old, and now they were bigger than half the classrooms in Hogwarts.

          The four of them made their way down to the forest, giving the passing students who were visiting the dragon's fake smiles. Edward and Sammy did enjoy the project but not nearly as much as she and Luke did. Most of their small class found it kind of terrifying they had been documenting the process of dragons.

        Aurora found it interesting how a dragon would start off small, weak at times, and further grew into powerful, feared creatures. 

         She entered her tent and looked at Theo, he was standing at the opposite end, his hand was raised and he was petting Hyperion. Hyperion turned when he heard her enter and immediately turned from Theo. The dragon got along with the two of them.

"Black." Theo greeted, keeping his eyes on the cage. His eyes flick to hers for a moment before returning. "Here to say your goodbyes?"