02. Accomplice

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

CHAPTER TWO:

ACCOMPLICE

✦✧✦

   Runskin started letting her dine with him every morning for breakfast.

She sits at the table, sitting back against the chair, looking at the plate in front of her. Everything was making her feel ill. Her body was weak and useless. She was bruising ten times easier than before. It made her believe she lacked some nutrients. Made her belief her body was realizing that she was dying. Runskin is at the opposite end of the table reading the newspaper as usual.

        She glances behind her and sees John and Frank: that's what she learnt idiot one and idiot two names are.

        Her mind was on Otis, who had their dog? Was he even alive and cared for? What happened? Did the spell he did remove everything she had done, or had it just wiped her out from now onwards?

      Slowly, she turns back around and looks towards Runskin who was still reading the newspaper. He starts to laugh loudly at something.

     An absolute maniac.

Her eyes focus on the knife on the table. He had everything that she saw enchanted with magic to prevent her from harming her or herself. He wanted her alive. He wouldn't give her an easy death.

She thinks about how much she would like to stab him in the neck with it—

Aurora looks at him and cleared her thoughts quickly. He was constantly in her head, searching through her memories. She didn't know what he was looking for. She couldn't see anything worth knowing in her head. Or what was left of her memories she should probably say. She even found that as the days went on she was left trying to remember details of certain things. For example, she forgot what her apartment back in London looked like. The number of curses, hexes and jinxes that were put on her by his bodyguards also made her feel numb, and she couldn't think for hours after. Her brain was fuzzy.

      She spent the majority of her hours thinking about everything she had done wrong and right: some goods things like killing her grandfather and some bad things like being judgmental, rude and horrible to some people in Hogwarts.

    That's the only way she was positive she was still sane because she was thinking of happy memories, of the past.

      "Could you pass the butter, please?" She asked.