xvii. hagrid's tale

★ ★ ★SEVENTEEN: HAGRID'S TALE★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★
SEVENTEEN:
HAGRID'S TALE
★ ★ ★

Over the last few weeks many unfortunate events had occurred. The first being that the day after they established Dumbledore's army, a notice went up declaring that all societies could not take place without Umbridge's permission. The day after they found out Cho's friend (Mariteete? Marita? She couldn't remember) had rated on them.

"Says a lot about Cho's choice in friends, huh Harry?"

Harry rolled his eyes, "She doesn't choose her friends."

"Uh yeah she does."

About a week before the first defence meeting a letter from Sirius was sent to Harry, requesting to meet at the fireplace in the middle of the night. He mentioned briefly he had not been getting any of the letters that had sent to him.

Sirius' head came into the fire, plastering. "Hi my love."

Aurora replicated his grin. "Hi Sirius."

He sent her a smile, wide and contagious. "We'll talk privately once this lot is gone to bed-"

"HI!" chorused Harry, Ron, and Hermione, all three of them not giving the father and daughter a moment to catch up.

"Hi. How're things?"

"Not that good." Harry answered, "The Ministry's forced through another decree, which means we're not allowed to have Quidditch teams -"

"- or secret Defense Against the Dark Arts groups?"

Aurora blinked. "How do you know about that?"

"Oh, love, who do you think you got your mischievous ways off of?" Sirius grinned, he seemed happy, maybe even proud. "You want to choose your meeting places more carefully. The Hog's Head, I ask you?"

"Well, it was better than the Three Broomsticks! That's always packed with people -"

"-which means you'd have been harder to overhear," Sirius finished. "You've got a lot to learn, Hermione."

"Who overheard us?" Harry demanded.

"Mundungus, of course," said Sirius, and when they all looked puzzled he laughed. "He was the witch under the veil."

"That was Mundungus?" Harry repeated. "What was he doing in the Hog's Head?"

"What do you think he was doing?" Sirius retorted. "Keeping an eye on you, of course."

"I'm still being followed?"

"Yeah, you are, and just as well, isn't it? If the first thing you're going to do on your weekend off is organize an illegal defence group...."