xiii. tiny dragons

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:

TINY DRAGONS

★ ★ ★

The morning before lessons she sat in the bathroom, whilst Hermione did her hair back into a plait.

"It's not like I hate her or anything-" she continued, once again speaking about Lucinda. She had been in Hogwarts for over a week now. Over that time, slowly the Gryffindor girl was starting to irate her. "That's definitely not it. Just have you noticed that she always with Harry? I'm not saying as his ex either, I'm saying it as his friend!"

"Friend? Would you say you two are friends?"

She paused, with a frown. Since she returned to Hogwarts, they were completely different. Neither of them sat next to one another in their lessons anymore and they didn't have a conversation or even speak anymore. Technically, they weren't friends.

"No we aren't. We're ex's......awkward, non-commutative ex's who used to be best friends."

"Maybe you two need to talk again." Hermione replied after a few moments, with the smallest of frowns. "He still cares about you-"

"No he doesn't! He bloody hates me!"

"No he doesn't. Come on Aurora, be realistic, do you ever think Harry would hate you? I don't think it's even possible for him to be mad at you." Hermione stated, phrasing it as a question. "He's just upset and he's covering it with anger. He's hurt."

She wished she could have believed that but she didn't. She frowns and glances into the mirror up at her as she was finishing. She wanted to believe he was just upset but she didn't think that was true; if anything she was convinced he'd fallen out of love with her the second they broke up.

"I don't know what I'm suppose to do. He doesn't look or talk with me. I don't even know where to begin with him." All she wanted was for them to at least be friends together again.

"It's going to take a while, small steps is the way to start." Hermione suggests with a small smile. "Maybe I can talk with Ron about it. . .see if Harry has said anything about you."

"Hermione that's an invasion of privacy."

"Ron thinks the same thing!" Hermione interjected, brushing the end of her hair. "He wants to get you two back together! I just want you two to be friends! But anyway, it'll happen because you and I both know Harry will realise how much he loves you. Your hair is done!"