xxv. christmas*

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:

CHRISTMAS*

Aurora sat in front of the fire in the living room, alongside Ron.

Hermione ended up coming here first thing this morning, claiming skiing wasn't her thing. She had lied to her parents saying that her exams was too important, and she had to stay.

"So, he hasn't spoke with you about the kiss?" Ron whispered. "He hasn't even mentioned it?"

She frowned. "No. Not at all. It's like he regrets it-"

Ron huffed. "Hardly. If he does I reckon it's not the real Harry."

"It feels like it anyway." she tells him. "The other night we just spoke about other things but not the kiss. Absolutely nothing. I wanted to bring it up but it's like he wants to talk about anything but us. Plus, he has been in his room all day in an awful mood!"

To be completely honest, she was starting to feel rather horrible about the entire situation.

Just as she says this, Hermione who had gone to get the boy, comes down the stairs. She sits beside Aurora, and Harry next to Ron.

"Dumbledore told me what had happened first thing this morning, but I had to wait for term to end officially before setting off." Hermione explains to them all. "Umbridge is already livid that you lot disappeared right under her nose, even though Dumbledore told her Mr. Weasley was in St. Mungo's, and he'd given you all permission to visit."

"It's nice to know she is even more inhuman." Aurora comments.

"How're you feeling?" Hermione asks to Harry.

"Fine." he replied, rudely.

"Oh, don't lie, Harry," Hermione replied, impatiently. An odd sting in her voice. "Ron and Aurora say you've been hiding from everyone since you got back from St. Mungo's."

"They do, do they?" Harry, glaring at Ron and Aurora. Ron looked away, whilst she looked right back at him.

"Well, you have!" Aurora interrupted. "You've barely spoken to me. And you won't look at any of us!"