xxxv. loss of control

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE:

LOSS OF CONTROL

*remember to vote and comment for motivational purposes*

★ ★ ★

Shouts started to feel her ears, and they were shouts of worry but she couldn't bring her eyes to open.

She remembered the last time she felt this cold. It was the night that Luke transformed inside Hogwarts, and she and Harry jumped into the Lake. It was the middle of winter at that stage, and now it was coming into Summer time. The ground was cold, she was cold. Everything around her felt cold. The yells didn't stop, instead they increased. She heard screaming but couldn't make out the voices.

Suddenly, she could see again but all she could see was a dark roof.

She abruptly sat up and when she did, she found she was not alone. The first thing she noticed was that she was still in the Ministry, except she was in a large, squared room, with no windows, and it was completely empty. The man in front of her was sitting in the middle of the ground, a few feet away from her. His wand was pointed up towards her, in a warning way, telling her not to move or scream.

She crinkled her nose, suddenly remembering the fumes she inhaled.

"Presume you're a death eater," she begins, stiffening at the sound of her raspy voice. When she goes to sit up, he pointed his wand at her firmly again. She raised her hands, showing him she wasn't going to move. "I'm not going to move."

He did not lower his wand. "You guessed correctly. You don't know who I am?"

She examined him, and recognised nothing that would make her know who he was. He looked like an average man, brown hair and blue eyes. There was nothing special about him. He was an average man, but she recognised one thing familiar about him.

"No, I recognise you. I presume you know who I am."

"I do, you look just like her." he says, slowly with a growing smile. One that made her want to narrow her eyes, but for the sake of her own safety she didn't. "I was friends with your mum. Well not just friends, we were a little closer than friends. We met before however, you and I. We met at your grandparents ball back in ninety-five? Rosier, Evan."

Now she remembered who he was. Evan Rosier had been someone who she had little encounters with. Her grandparents never mentioned that. She told herself he was lying and that he was never with her mum - her mum would never date someone like him. Perhaps, that was a naive mindset. "What do you want, Rosier? Why am I here?"