xii. the yule ball (part2)

✦✧✦CHAPTER TWELVE:THE YULE BALL (PART 2

✦✧✦
CHAPTER TWELVE:
THE YULE BALL (PART 2.)
✦✧✦

Aurora and Luke came through the doors of the Great Hall almost half an hour late.

It amazed her how boys said that girls spent a long time getting ready, but Luke Murphy took a full twenty minutes trying to take the curls out of his hair, which didn't work. She gave him constant compliments, while watching him run his index finger over his scar on his jawline.

A few heads turn towards them.

"You look lovely Aurora!" a Ravenclaw girl gushed walking by.

For a second she tried to ignore the number of boys eyes on her. She could hear a few people close whispering.

"Where did she get that dress?"

"I told you mine wasn't nice!"

" Johnny if you don't stop staring-"

Aurora glanced around before her eyes landed on the women sitting in two tables down, as she dragged Luke over towards her favorite Professor.

"Hello, Professor GonGon you look rather lovely."

McGonagall turned around as she took in her appearance. "As do you, Miss Black. I suspect you forgot about that detention yesterday afternoon?"

"Nope. Have a good night."

She swiftly pulls Luke away from the table as her eyes landed on Hermione, who oddly enough wasn't near Ron and Harry who she couldn't see anywhere.

She was truly stunning. She was standing next to Viktor who was attempting to dance, which was rather funny.

Hermione as if feeling eyes on her turned around as she ran over with Viktor trailing behind. Aurora didn't have a chance as she flung her entire body around her in excitement.

"I'm having so much fun! You look amazing." Hermione beams, she looks over at Luke.

"Hermione," she gestures next to hers " This is Luke. You probably have seen us together a lot. He's a Hufflepuff."

Hermione grins. " Oh! Hi Luke. Are you having a good time?"

Luke appeared mildly confused. "Yeah. ."

"Aurora!" a voice greets in a thick accent, Viktor. "You look lovely tonight!"

"So do you. Viktor." she gestured towards the boy who was trailing behind Hermione awkwardly as he stepped forward giving her a smile.

Viktor clasps his hands. "You are with Enzo?"

"No, I'll meet him later."

Something Hermione always liked about Aurora was her natural instinct to always speak to people. A natural confident speaker she was, something neither herself, Harry or Ron had possessed. From what she knew Sirius was rather outspoken in the same matter.