xxiii. déjà vu

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:

DÉJÀ VU

Aurora had been awake later in the night, she was writing a letter.

It had been almost a week since she left Hogwarts, and she already wanted to go back.

Not by any means was she bored - Sirius had spent nearly all hours of the day talking with her, and entertaining her, so it wasn't that. She missed her friends, she missed everything about Hogwarts. She missed her Dormitory, the Common Room, she missed absolutely everything. She missed waving at Luke in the Great Hall, she missed lying by the fire in the Common Room....

It got so bad, she even missed lessons.

She was writing her letter to Harry, yet it didn't feel like he was just Harry anymore - it was like he was...new, or something. She couldn't explain it. As she wrote she found herself analysing the words. Merlin, is this what being nervous was like?

Dear Harry

I know you might not get this letter because of pink toes, but I just wanted to send you this to let you know I'm thinking of you. Life has proved quite boring without you and everyone else here at Grimmauld, I don't remember how it used to be before I had you lot as friends.

To be honest I'm not sure how things are going to go if I do end up not coming back to Hogwarts.

Snuffles is doing well, and will be happy to see you at Christmas - he managed to find some of Prongs stuff to give you.

I should be off now, but maybe if you're able to we can do that thing you did with Snuffles some time?

I miss you.
Aurora x

After quite some time examining the parchment she let it go and sealed it. When she said that thing with Snuffles, she was referring to meeting him in the fireplace. Yes she knew it was risky but maybe Umbridge was easing off - it was doubtful but still. He probably wouldn't even get her letter.

She glanced at Volley who sat on the window. She gave him the letter. "Now, fly safely and do not stay in the owlery for too long. Don't want Umbridge hurting you like she did your friend Hedwig?"