ix. control

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER NINE:

CONTROL

★ ★ ★

In all his years of being alive, Harry Potter never had a hangover until this morning. He woke up and immediately felt as though he was going to get sick. His mouth was dry and he tumbled out of the bed in search of his glasses.

When he did find them, they were on the ground entangled in his shirt. His eyes widened when he realised he could barely remember anything from last night. He also realised he woke up alone this morning. An instant flood of worry came to his body at the thought of something happening to her or the possibility of him doing something she wasn't comfortable with last night. He couldn't even remember how he'd gotten home.

Let alone why he woke up wearing a blue hat.

He quickly got dressed and ran into the kitchen. His eyes widened at the sight ahead of him. Blasting through the radio was don't go breaking my heart, and his father and girlfriend both sat at the table speaking. Across the room, Luke looked as though he was in the middle of a heated conversation.

"Oh Harry!" his father smiles when spotting him, "Aurora was just telling me how this is your new favourite song. Do you remember singing it to her last night?"

His face went red. "I-I...what are you doing here?"

"I never knew my son was such a romantic." James gushed with a grin. He turns back to Aurora. "What were you saying?"

"Oh about when we fought at the Yule Ball. Harry blamed it on me because I didn't know I was suppose to ask him. He didn't even compliment what I was wearing, James." Aurora explained, rolling his eyes. "The dress was almost a thousand galleons."

"Ha, ha...why are we talking about that?" Harry faked a sarcastic laugh, as he slipped into the seat beside Aurora, and placed his hand on the back of her chair.

"I'm telling James about the stuff he missed." she told him quietly, leaning into his side.

"Why didn't you compliment her, Harry?" James asked with a small scoff. "That's just rude."

"So rude." Harry agreed. "Anyways, er what are you doing here?"

"I thought you'd be a little happier to see me." James mused, brows raised at his son. "I was the one who had to call McGonagall and convince her you were chronically ill. Who just gets up and leaves Hogwarts in the middle of September? Everyone thought you were having a breakdown!"