i. drunk words, sober mind

★ ★ ★CHAPTER ONE:DRUNKEN WORD, SOBER MIND★ ★ ★

CHAPTER ONE:
DRUNKEN WORD, SOBER MIND

The summer had not been eventful for Harry.

Starting off he spent majority of it in the Dursley's meaning he quite literally didn't do anything, and his nights were spent with nightmares about the death of Cedric Diggory. Which his older cousin Dudley relentlessly teased him about also. He hadn't seen Ron and Hermione, and he hadn't heard a word out of Aurora.

Except that was changing now, or at least he hoped so because he was going to twelve Grimmauld.

After reuniting with Sirius and Lupin, he strolls into the living room where he is greeted by Hermione and Ron. His eyes search the room and flatter in disappointment when he realises who wasn't here. Her presence would have made the silence house must more charismatic.

"She's not here." a voice says from the couch. Lupin looks at him.

"Is she coming here?" he asked, hopefully.

To this Sirius shakes his head angrily. "We can't find her."

When he says this Harry is left with a confused look. "Is she really still angry? What do you mean you can't find her?"

"She's not at her house anymore." Sirius explains swiftly. "She left over the Summer. She's missing."

"For a fourteen year old girl. She's very hard to track down." Tonks mentions hopelessly, "It's like she's completely gone off the grid."

Sirius was clearly anxious about it all, as he turns to Harry and says, "She's missing. She's not at her house, she isn't with any of her friends. We literally can't find her anywhere. It's dangerous for her to be out there all alone-"

"Have you heard from her?" Lupin interrupts eagerly.

"I actually haven't heard from her at all." Harry says after a moment, "I sent her a few letters but Hedwig only brought them right back. Maybe she is gone to France with her family again?"

"Or maybe she's just done with us." Ron mutters. "What? You two are thinking the same."

"She can't stay that mad at me-"

"Why would you say something like that?!"

"What! It's the truth. We all know how temperamental she gets, reckon she gets that off you." Ron nods in Sirius' direction who appeared slightly proud until he realised what that meant. "She is probably not going to talk to us again."