vix. downfall of quidditch

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER NINE:

THE DOWNFALL OF QUIDDITCH

As the months flew by, Quidditch practices became more to handle. They ended up practicing every second evening. Oliver was also complaining about the other Quidditch captains, especially Cedric Diggory. He was a blonde haired Hufflepuff boy who not only was very popular with all the girls, but also was an excellent Quidditch player.

Today they had their second Quidditch match of the year.

Her hair was now soaked from front to back, she tied it into a loosely fitting bun, pulling her shirt over her head. She grabbed her broomstick and left the changing rooms.

She spotted Luke coming to the pitch. She grins. He hated sports but last month she asked him to come, and he did.

"You came," she smiled softly. "You really came, thank you."

"Y-Yeah I thought after your many pleases it would only be mean if I didn't show up and at least say good luck, good luck by the way." he added.

"I don't need luck. We just need Harry to get the snitch."

"Your face is dripping yellow." he mutters to her, and then hesitantly reaches forward and swoops a line of yellow paint under his thumb. "Why are you wearing yellow?"

Aurora shrugged. "I like Hufflepuffs."

She leans over and pressed a kiss to his cheek. She saw redness flush to his face momentarily.

"Cedric Diggory is playing." he informs her.

"Dammit it." she curses, "Fred and George keep talking about him, he's a good player. Good on the eyes as well."

"You'll be fine. The stands are getting pretty crowded. I'm going to go find a seat in the shade."

She furrowed her eyebrows, she hadn't heard what he said. The rain was getting heavier. "What? I can't hear you!"

"I'm going to go find a seat and get out of the rain!"

"I can't hear what you're saying but you should probably go grab a seat before the rain gets worse!"