01. aurora's lament

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

CHAPTER ONE:

AURORA'S LAMENT

✦✧✦

     In her years on earth, Aurora had never felt so alone.

      Okay, perhaps that wasn't true. Of course, she was lonely when she was growing up, she was a lonely kid in general, but when she went to Hogwarts and made friends, that loneliness changed. It didn't matter if she had to spend the summer months alone and isolated, she just reminded herself who she would be seeing at the end of it. She would be seeing her friends, her family.

But this, this was different.

Being isolated like this was a completely different type of lonely. She spent every single passing hour of the day in the small dungeon. She might as well have been outside, it was dark, there were no torches and the air was stale and cold. It was the type of cold that spread to every part of your body. She was freezing every day. The dungeon was too dark for her to even see. She couldn't move and explore it either, she was tied to the chains.

The furthest she could move was to stand and walk exactly three steps in every direction except backwards.

Being beaten every day and not knowing whether or not she would make it to sunrise, was also a different type of lonely. Her bones had become brittle and now every time she lay down on the concrete floor at night she could feel the lining of her spine. She was thin and miserably looking now, she was sure. The way she used to be in Aleksander Mansion.

At the start she tried to escape, she looked for something to pick the chains with but the room was empty. It was a four by four room with a few boxes in the corner of the room. They were piled up. That was it.

       When she realised she couldn't pick the chains, she tried her magic: completely gone. The chains had such a tight grip around her hands, nothing worked.

   Throughout the time she was here — she had absolutely no idea of how long it had been — she was left alone with her mind. Which probably wasn't good for her.

She did count the days on her fingers but she lost count. She managed to over seventy before she realised that there was no point in counting anymore. Months passed.

She was here for over seventy days: and that was when she counted weeks ago.

It was months since everything at Hogwarts happened. Since Sirius forgot about her since she saw Harry and James. It was even longer since she saw Remus. She never got to say goodbye. She missed everyone.

         All she thought about from day to night was how everything in her life always ended up bad.

   Starting, she was never supposed to be born.