iv. joys of parenthood

CHAPTER FOUR: JOYS OF PARENTHOOD(FLASHBACK)★ ★ ★

CHAPTER FOUR:
JOYS OF PARENTHOOD
(FLASHBACK)

James Potter knocked on the door of his best friends house with his son placed in his arms. He heard nothing for a moments. He rolls his eyes impatiently. Harry reached across doing the same as he tapped the door gently barely making a noise.

Harry repeated James' action as he rolled his eyes.

"Black's aren't very good with answering doors, are they Harry?" James mumbled as he gave his son a questioning look.

Harry squinted his eyes and nodded lightly.

" You've been squinting your eyes a lot lately," James points out, " You might have the Potter genes."

Before he could say anything else the door swung open.

And Sirius stood with Aurora in his hands.

Both of their hair was tied in pigtails, they were both wearing matching blue jumpers, Aurora was also wearing large pair dungarees. Sirius who was holding Aurora in his hands grinned upon seeing the both of them.

Sirius seemed to have a splatter of red paint across his forehead and one could only presume Aurora made him do it, and Aurora had a green dot on her forehead.

" What happened to your face," James questioned as he reached over smearing the paint across his thumb.

Aurora screamed loudly when spotting Harry and buried her head in Sirius chest.

" She wanted to paint it." he gestured down towards the child in his hands. She looks up at the mention of her name.

" That explains it. What's with the green dot?"

" I thought it was game but the moment I put some paint on her face she started crying and screaming." he explained moving past the door allowing him in. " Hence the red stained cheeks."

James pulled an amused face as he leaned down tapping Aurora's nose, " Daddy is a bit of a dumbass isn't he?"

Sirius immediately covered the girls ears as he gave James a look. " Language, Prongs. Not around Aurora."

" You cursed around Harry for months."

" Accidentally!"

" Okay, I'm sorry. Your father is a dumbass, Aurora."

Harry who was taking in his surroundings seemed to only notice Aurora then, as he pointed a finger at her, " Rora!"

Aurora pulled a face as she buried her head in Sirius shoulder.

Unfortunately Harry and Aurora weren't the best of friends, this was because Harry was rather rough around her, he threw toys at her when she wouldn't listen to him, he was always trying to grab her attention. James would always defend his son. She unlike Harry couldn't walk or crawl yet although she was able to play with toys which meant she didn't really have a choice when it came to who she got to play with.

Sirius leaned down as he placed the child on the floor next to Harry, a moment later they started playing with the blocks on the floor as Sirius and James sat down on the couch.

" Loopey Lupin?" Aurora questions slurring her words to look at Sirius.

" No baby, Remus will be here tomorrow." Sirius replies.

" Loopey Lupin." she clasps her hands with a frown.

" So did you bring the ring?" Sirius questioned, excitement presented on his face when James nodded. " Is it as nice as I thought it looked!"

" Boommmm!" Harry roared loudly smashing his blocks on the floor, he waited for the child across from his to do something but failed when she didn't.

Harry scooted closer to her as he held the dragon in her face. " roarrrrrr."

Aurora giggles loudly bringing Sirius attention to her as he sent his girl a proud smile.

" Yeah. Collected it on my way here." James winked as he reached into his back pocket pulling out a red box ignoring the loud noises Harry was making, " Why couldn't you get it?"

" Magnolia is still on her mission and Aurora wanted to take a nap." Sirius shrugged leaning back into his seat, as he opened the box, glancing down at the ring.

" Why couldn't you have just woken her?" James furrowed his eyebrows as he glanced behind him, to where Harry was banging an imaginary dragon against the floor trying to get Aurora to watch.

She looked unimpressed.

Then she smacks the dragon out of his hands.

" Look at her face. I couldn't wake her." Sirius exclaimed.

" Understandable." James hummed giving the child a wink, " Mango's been on that mission for a long time don't you think?"

At the mention of the word Mango, Aurora looks up from her spot, when Sirius notices this he says:

" She'll be home soon, my love. I promise." the child gives him an unsteady look but moods, " I'm pretty sure she and Marleen are just shopping half the time, apparently Italy has good shops-"

Aurora suddenly lets out a loud cry as Harry reached across taking the toy out of her hand.

James and Sirius both quickly turned.

Harry like a deer caught in headlights seeing his father staring at him, quickly threw the toy back at her, only for Aurora to pick it up and throw it back at Harry hitting him into the nose as he began crying.

" Harry what did we say about taking Aurora's toys when she's playing with it." James picked him up as the boy pouted widely.

" Your son is abusing my daughter and I'm not okay with it."

" He's trying to impress her isn't it obvious? He just got hit in the nose for her!" James defended, " Isn't that right Harry."

Harry who most likely didn't understand his words nods.

Aurora raised her hands up as Sirius quickly picked the child up pressing a kiss against her forehead. He sends James a wink. " My poor girl. Are you okay?"

" No...." she mutters. " Hurt!"

"Come on Harry let's go somewhere where we're appreciated." James winked before adding, "Lily said she's making spaghetti back home and I don't think either of us would wanna risk that."

" Spaghetti!" Harry rubbed his stomach.

"Bye, bye Aurora." James reached across as he gave a small wave to the child who did the same back. "See you soon little one."

Harry waves goodbye to her and in response he got nothing.

James and Sirius said their goodbyes. The moment he walked out the door, Sirius turned down towards Aurora.

"What do you think Aurora?" Sirius questioned as he glanced down at the child, with a raised eyebrow. He spun around making her laugh loudly as she clung to him tightly, "Will mommy say yes or no?"

Aurora clasped her hands as she nodded giving the man a wide smile.

" No!"

" Well that's not the answer in looking for."

this was cute