ii. unexpected arrivals

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWO:

UNEXPECTED ARRIVALS

★ ★ ★

Aurora woke up, gasping for air. The back of throat was dry and her neck cracked when she sat up.

Once the pain throughout her body eased to a bare minimum, her eyes fluttered open. She took in her surroundings. She was met with complete brightness, almost like a white light. She raised her hand to shield her eyes.

The last thing she remembered was speaking with her mum. She frowned, and took in the moment again. She had gotten to meet her, despite the circumstances, she would say it was one of the happiest moments in her life.

She sat up, and looked around.

Immediately she had recognised where she was. She was in London, right around the corner from Twelve Grimmwauld. She was on a small pitch of grass, across from the same shop she got her first hot chocolate in.

Except, it was silent and completely empty.

There wasn't a single car around, and from her view she couldn't see a single person. She stood up, and as she did so she almost fell back down.

"Right." she muttered to herself. "Forgot about the stiff legs."

She stretched out, and was surprise by the amount of cracking noises her body had made. How long was she gone for? Oddly enough, as she started walking, she felt a shiver run up her spine. Something was wrong, she knew straight away, something bad had happened. Aurora grew up in London, and not once had she ever seen it this quiet.

However, that small hopeful part of her appeared again.

She was going to see everyone. She would also see Luke, and he wouldn't have to go through the Full Moon alone, something that worried her insanely before she died.

She noticed London seemed less colourful than usual. It was also filled with oddly old cars. What had changed whilst she was gone? She pushed past the thought as she continued walking Grimmauld.

When she walked to the street it looked brand new. Also, it wasn't hidden either. She didn't knock on the door, instead she entered. Once again, she was surprised to find the inside also changed. It was in absolute mint condition.

As she neared the living room, she took a deep breath. She reached out and kicked the door dramatically.

"Guess who is back from the dead!"