i. The change

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

CHAPTER ONE:

THE CHANGE

✦✧✦

The Wizarding World had changed.

It started the day of Aurora Black's unseen death.
It wasn't expected that a fifteen-year-old girl would die. If anything it was expected Sirius was dead, not his daughter.

Dumbledore and Sirius had come up with the lie that Voldemort killed her because it was the only eligible explanation.

It was like her death set off an explosion - it should that anyone could die. Death eaters started to attack everywhere, and everyone. They even roamed around the muggle world. Diagon Alley had been tarnished a couple of weeks ago. The Ministry of magic was attacked again, multiple times muggles had been attacked, and sent to hospital with severe injuries and worse.

Then the coming back to life of James Potter had brought uproar in the Wizarding world.

Sirius hadn't been seen since that day. After finding his daughters cold both in Dumbledore's office, he claimed he's innocent, reunited with James and left days after. He was now an innocent man. It was proved by James that Peter was the secret keeper. He was innocent, free to live his life. However, no one knew where he was. He was missing.

There had been no explanation as to how James had returned from the dead - however many Wizards presumed it was the work of Voldemort, who was now known to be back. James and Remus spent the majority of their days searching for Sirius. In his spare time, Remus had been filling James in on everything he missed.

It was hard for him to grasp the fact that he had been dead for sixteen years. It was even harder to see his wife had not returned with him.

Not only was Sirius gone, but Luke had also disappeared.

He came to the funeral, that was it. Afterwards, Remus found a note on his bed saying he was fine, and needed some time. He was gone, like Sirius. Remus hadn't spoken much about Aurora, the guilt pounding in on him every day. The girl who was like a daughter to him had been murdered, and he couldn't help her.

He wasn't there.

Maybe if he was there, he could have stopped what happened? He never told anyone about these thoughts, only to James once, who tried to assure him otherwise.

However, his focus was on the boy who was like a son to him, was probably homeless, broken and probably barely surviving for all they knew.

Luke had lost the one person he cared about and she wasn't coming back.