xiv. "why is it always you four?"

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS YOU FOUR?"

★ ★ ★

"Otis stop barking!"

At precisely a quarter past five in the morning Aurora brought Otis out for a walk. Filch was fast asleep when she walked by him and Otis was quiet until they got outside. She brought him into the woods and caught up with Luke who went out to check on the baby dragons.

"You and Nott's dragons is looking the healthiest." Luke mentions as they come out of the woods. Otis runs ahead of them happily attempting to chase the air. "You two aren't a bad team. I thought it'd be a little awkward considering you two have snogged more times than-"

"I know," she interjected, "but it's not that bad. He's actually kind of funny . . .do you want to head to the kitchens?"

He nods and they sneak into the castle and past Filch, they pass the Hufflepuff common room and continue walking. Luke glances across at her and unsurely comments, "Maybe you should snog Nott again."

She chokes on the air. "What?"

"Well not him specifically but someone. Maybe you should get back out there!"

She understood his point. But she was still completely and utterly still in love with Harry. No matter how hard she tried it always came back to him. Even though they weren't friends or talking, she found her feelings for stronger every day.

"No. . .no I can't. I still love Harry. I wish I didn't but I can't even think about moving on right now." she told him, picking up Otis in her arms, and holding him. "Plus I'm not going to use anyone to get over him. It's not right. I don't want what happened between Beckham and I to happen again."

"Is this part of the new and nicer you?"

"It is!"

"I love it."

Aurora entered the kitchen and opens the fridge, she takes out a tub of chocolate ice cream to drown her sorrows. She sits down and grabs one spoon, taking four mouthfuls she wonders.

"Is she prettier than me? Is that it?"

Aurora was never self conscious before in her life. She was lucky in that sense. But lately she found herself comparing herself to her. What would have made Harry move on so fast from her? She knew him and she could see he had an interest in her. What was it about the girl that he liked? Given, she was tall and pretty.