xviii. the return

✦✧✦CHAPTER EIGHTEEN THE RETURN✦✧✦

✦✧✦
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
THE RETURN
✦✧✦

When she came to the realization she was in awake, she felt like a thousand needles had been stabbed in her neck. The twinge lingered in her neck, and she subconsciously let out a whimper in pain. She vaguely heard the sound of something bubbling below her.

She couldn't remember anything.

She also didn't feel like she was standing.

Struggling to open her eyes, a flicker of orange passed through them. It was then she realized that she was hanging, and she tried to move.

She opened her eyes.

The first thing she noticed was the orange liquid below her, which was sizzling brightly. It was only inches from her head. The rope kept her hung to a statue. If she would have tried to move, the statue holding a knife would have slashed through the rope and put her in the bubbling liquid.

Panicking she tried to move but that failed when she realized that wasn't the smartest option.

She was inside what appeared to be an abandoned graveyard. It was foggy, she noticed, with many graves around it. She remember much about what happened before this, she remembered helping Luke out of the water and that was it.

And for the first time in her life, she felt scared but not for her, for Luke.

"Luke." she screams, although no one could have heard her over the sound of the liquid below her bubbling. Her voice was horse. "LUKE!"

Nothing.

Her eyes scan the graveyard as she saw no sign of any other person other than her. Her eyes landed on a curve on the ground. She stopped for a second before realizing that, that wasn't just any curve, it was Luke Murphy's body.

And he wasn't moving.

"HELP. ." with each word she screams, she realized no one was coming to help her. For a second Aurora contemplated on landing in the cauldron, but for all she knew that could have been something to burn her. "Luke. .help. Someone please, Luke he needs-"

"Black! Oi Black!" a voice bellows. "Harry it's Aurora!"

It was Cedric Diggory.

She could barely see him through the fog, but when she did she saw his blonde hair full of sweat, he was wearing a yellow long t-shirt, his face full of worry as he reached her.