1

Caroline went to the Grill to drink. She needed to drink to forget but for how much she tried, what she saw moments ago wouldn't stop replaying in her head.

She felt stupid for not seeing it sooner, for letting herself being so naive until now.

*Flashback*

Caroline decided to make a surprise visit to Tyler since they haven't been able to spend much time together because of him being in the mountains with other wolves to break the sire bond.

She heard him in his room, so she quietly went to his room and when opened the door, she saw him having sex with Hayley, his wolf-friend.

Quickly that turn into a big fight with Caroline yelling at him and smashing against the wall frames of pictures of the two of them together, then he grabbed her by the throat to make her stop but she kicked him in the groin and left.

*End Of Flashback*

She couldn't understand how she's been so dumb and so blind to what was happening. She knew Tyler was acting different and that they were growing distant but she blamed it on him breaking the sire bond and on his plan of surviving Klaus's wrath.

"Hello, Love! Is this seat taken?" A familiar British voice sounded, making Caroline look up to see Klaus.

"What do you want?" Caroline asked with no mood of having Klaus flirting with her or saying how much better he was than Tyler.

"I came here for a drink but once I saw you here alone, I thought maybe you would want some company."

"I'm not in the mood for chit chat." Caroline said drinking the rest of her drink and quickly pointing to her drink so the bartender would give her another drink.

"What happened, love? Did someone hurt you?" Klaus asked, ready to torture and give the most painful death to whoever made Caroline be like this.

"Why would you care? I thought you were the big bad wolf who did not care about anything except for making his little army of hybrids." Caroline said upset.

If it was someone else or if Caroline was in her usual mood, he would argue with her and leave her alone but he couldn't do that when he saw her so upset.

"There's more to me than meets the eye." Klaus said with a smirk, but quickly got back to have his serious face. "Talk to me."

"You are the last person I should talk to. You will only be happy about it and..."

"Caroline, I don't enjoy seeing you like this. Just tell me. I could say go talk with your friends but I seem to be the only one here for you."

"They are not here because they don't know what happened." Caroline quickly defended her friends. "But fine. I'll tell you. But you need to promise you won't be a jerk about it."

"I promise."

"Tyler and I broke up. I found him... cheating on me." Caroline said and drank the rest of her drink, not wanting to look at Klaus.

"He did what?!" Klaus asked angry and in disbelief at how Tyler did such a thing to Caroline. "Do you want me to kill him?"

"No! I don't want you to do anything. I just want to drink and forget. I only told you so you would stop asking me."

"Yes, well, just know that if Tyler was still sired to me, he never would of hurt you. I wouldn't have let him." Klaus confessed, leaving Caroline speechless but then she gave him a small smile.

"Thanks..." Caroline said with a small smile. "I just feel so stupid. I should have seen something was going on... How could I've been so blind?"

"You have no right to feel like that. Tyler is a bloody wanker who could not see who he had by his side. You are smart, kind, strong, full of light. You do not deserve to feel like this nor to have people hurting you."

"If I didn't know any better I would say the big bad wolf is actually a softy puppy."

"Sometimes even evil people with no redemption such as myself need a break from all the anger, hatred and evil planning they do." Klaus said with a smirk and took a sip of his drink.

"I don't think you are evil nor that you don't have redemption." Caroline admitted because she was drunk and was starting to have no filter.

"How can you possibly think that?"

"I have seen how you care for your siblings and anybody who cares about others has a chance to being saved and getting their redemption." Caroline said and tried to get up to leave but quickly lost her balance and Klaus caught her.

"I better take you home. You're in no condition to go alone."

"I don't want to go home. It's so quiet in there... My mom got the night shift. She will be home probably when I wake up."

"Would you like to sleep at my place?"

"Seriously? Trying to make a move on me while I'm drunk and just got out of a relationship?" Caroline scoffed.

"Just wanting to help you. Although if you want to do something that involves a bed and it's not sleeping, I'm all for it." Klaus smirked and Caroline rolled her eyes. "Is there another place you would prefer to go?"

"I don't really want to talk to my friends about what happened. At least not tonight. Would you really be okay with me spending the night at your place?"

"You're always welcome to stay at my place." Klaus smirked and she smiled to him then he took her to his place.

***

Caroline insisted in sleeping on the couch but Klaus didn't want her to be uncomfortable to he convinced her in watching some tv and when she fall asleep he took her to his room and let her sleep in his bed.