82

It was morning and they were all at the Mikaelson mansion, listening to Elena saying what Esther told her.

"Okay. But to be honest, I think she erase from my memory parts of the conversation." Elena admitted with an apologetic look.

"Whatever you might remember it's already great." Elijah reassured Elena.

"Maybe with what you remember we can figure what our mother wants." Rebekah tried to be positive so Elena wouldn't feel bad.

"Okay. I remember her telling me she would come back soon and that she wanted to make amends with you and that she wanted for you to have a chance to be a family again." Elena said. "I also remember her talking about something about sins and forgiveness... I can't remember what exactly. And she also said something about a party so you can all celebrate being a family again." Elena said and whispered with an apologetic look. "But that's all I can remember."

Everybody shared looks of fear and worry, but Caroline was focused on Klaus to see how he would deal with Elena being unable to tell everything about her conversation with Esther.

"Thanks to Elena's information we can all see that Esther is on her way to make a plan while trying to make us think that she only wants to make amends and be a family."

"Maybe she just wants to have her family together again..." April whispered.

"No. Our mother is always planning something else." Kol said.

"I think we should prepare ourselves for her arrival. She clearly is excited to come back. We just need to keep our eyes open and make sure she won't trick us." Klaus said then looked at Elena and said. "Thank you for telling us what you could remember. It wasn't much but it's better than nothing."

"If I start to remember more things I'll tell you." Elena said.

"We appreciate it." Klaus said and left to his studio.

Elena noticed Caroline being conflicted about going after Klaus or not, so she went to talk to her.

"You should go to him. Last night, I saw for the first time Klaus Mikaelson vulnerable. It wasn't because of Esther nor because he didn't know her plan, it was because he was scared of losing you. He apologized for what he did and thanked me for giving him an advice." Elena said. "He wasn't on his best behavior last night but you can't expect him to change being impulse and reckless just over night, things take time. Just let him show you that he is capable of mercy and forgiveness for you."

"Thank you." Caroline smiled and after hugging Elena, she went to Klaus's studio.

"Hey!" Caroline said and Klaus nodded to her. "I noticed that you didn't let the lack of information to make you hurt Elena. I appreciate that." Caroline whispered and Klaus just nodded. "And believe it or not, it meant a lot to me that you went last night to my room just to tell me how you felt and that you were sorry."

"Caroline, I haven't slept all night. My mother might be planning on killing me and my siblings. And there's barely any information I can use to help me prepare to what her plan might be. And you know what worries me the most? Is that you will never forgive me nor give me another chance. How bloody idiotic is that? I might die in the next days but all I can think about is you and how much I want you to give us a chance again even if I know I'm not worthy of a woman like you. My father was right... I'm pathetic!" Klaus said in a fake smile from how pathetic he felt, making Caroline punch him in the face.

"Don't you ever say that. Don't you dare to even think for a second that you are pathetic or that you don't deserve me. I don't deserve you. I'm just a baby vampire and you are this brave hybrid who would die protecting his family. And you know what was the real reason to why I didn't want to complete the mating ritual? It was because I never felt worthy of you marking me and I wouldn't be able to handle you rejecting me when you would see you could do so much better than me. That's the only reason why I didn't want to finish the ritual. It was not because it was too fast, it was because I was afraid that I would be rejected and it would be way more painful. I'm afraid of you waking up one day and see you could do a lot better than me." Caroline admitted.