23

Suddenly the power went off, so Kol went to get the candles with April's help, meaning her company and the bonus of the flashlight of her iPhone, after getting the candles he light them up and put all around the mansion with April's help, Rebekah decided to put some music on, with the help of Kol's phone and one of his Bluetooth box speaker so they could have something that wasn't silence, while Caroline and Klaus went to the kitchen and prepared a few sandwiches, chips and other snacks to put in the living room in case someone got hungry.

Caroline asked Klaus where was the blood bags so he took her to the basement and showed her his stock.

"The power went off not too long ago so they are still cold."

"Its blood." Caroline smiled, then her smile grew. "And there's B+!"

"Your favorite." Klaus said, making Caroline smile.

"Klaus, why you always try to make us talk about me and you never talk about yourself

"Klaus, why you always try to make us talk about me and you never talk about yourself."

"Because I enjoy to listen to you and to get to know you, love."

"Well, we have no tv and I guess listening to you it's better than be in the living room seeing April all shy around a drooling Kol and seeing Rebekah and Stefan being all over each other." Caroline said.

"I feel so important, love." Klaus said sarcastically, making her roll her eyes. "What do you want to know?"

"Your hopes, dreams... everything you want in life." Caroline tried to use a brutish accent.

"Mock me all you want but I still win because you did not forget about those words." Klaus smirked.

"Whatever. Tell me something about you." Caroline said then smirked. "I know! Tell me how you were as a human."

"I was weak." Klaus said, not really enjoying to talk about him as a human, because it reminded him of all the pain Mikael caused him and the betrayal he felt when Tatia chose Elijah over him.

"How was Mystic Falls at the time? What kind of clothes did you wear? Was your hair all weird and funny?"

"My hair was really good. One of the bests at the time. And the clothes were nothing much. We weren't very healthy at the time." Klaus said and she nodded. "If you want, I can show you. Do you trust me?"

"Yes." Caroline smiled.

Caroline had no idea when it started but she now trusted Klaus, she believed he wouldn't hurt her nor disrespect her in any way.

Klaus smirked, surprised she was actually trusting him, then he put his hands on her head and made her see his memories of Mystic Falls when was just a small unknown village, the way his hair was and how he dressed, a memory of him being happy as a human.

"It was so beautiful. I mean, it was small but everyone seem to know everyone and they all seem to be helpful and kind."

"It was a simpler time, people hadn't much and that made them work together and help each other. We couldn't afford to be greedy." Klaus said.

"You seemed happy. Do you miss it?"

"No. There were more bad moments than good." Klaus simply said.

"Maybe it's just you who focus more on the negative side of things." Caroline said.

"Do you miss your human life?"

"No. I was a complete selfish bitch." Caroline said.

"I'm sure that's not true."

"It is. I was clingy and selfish and annoying and a total bitch." Caroline said and show him one of her memories when she was fighting with Matt about him just saying hey after they cuddle the night before.

"I think you were right. He should have let you a note explaining you to why he was gone and wishing you a good morning. He should have asked you how you slept too." Klaus said.

"That's not the point. I was only thinking about myself and making a big deal to something that was nothing." Caroline said.

"I would have left a note and ask you to call me once you woke up." Klaus whispered to himself, making her smile.

They stayed awhile more in the basement drinking blood in silence.

"Klaus... the kiss we had at the Grill... What was that?"

"It was to keep people from getting suspicious."

"It was very convincing... like really really convincing." Caroline whispered.

***

Elijah and Elena were on the couch, covering themselves with a blanket, talking by the candle lights.

"And that is why Rebekah says she invented the messy bun." Elijah ended his story, making Elena smile weakly, which he noticed right away. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah... Just a bit..."

"You need blood." Elijah said and gave her his wrist, she smiled to him and bite it, tasting his blood which she would describe as amazing if not more.

Elena got on Elijah's lap and bite his neck, tasting more of his blood as she listens to him groan in pleasure and felt him tense and hesitant in what to do

"Tonight will be the last time we drink from each other, might as well enjoy it." Elena whispered and bite his neck again.

Elijah groaned and rested his hands on her hips, moving them slowly to her ass, squeezing it, pulling her closer to him and then moving his hands again to her waist, but under her top.

"Elena..." Elijah groaned as she hummed to his touch.

"I'm sorry... This is probably weird to you. Since you dated Katherine and..."

"It's not. You're not her." Elijah whispered and started to kiss her neck, making her smile, enjoying the way he kissed her in such a sweet way.

"Tomorrow we will blame this on the blood-share, won't we?"

"Most likely." Elijah whispered while kissing her neck.