42

"She's not here. I had to lie. I send the text using her phone because I needed to make sure of some things. I want to make sure you won't hurt her." Liz said.

"I have the purest intentions..."

"That's what we will see." Liz said, making him seat down and put a few things on.

"May I know what's all this for?"

"It's so I know you're telling the truth." Liz said. "I'm going to make you a few questions and you'll try to answer as short as you can. Got it?" Liz asked and Klaus nodded because he didn't want Liz to hate him more, he knew how much Caroline cared about her mother's opinion. "What's your name?" Liz asked, making Klaus give her a look. "I need to make this question to see when it's a lie."

"Niklaus Mikaelson."

"Do you promise to tell the truth, all the truth and nothing but the truth?"

"I promise." Klaus said and Liz smiled seeing he was starting with the right foot.

"Do you care about my daughter?" Liz asked.

"Very much so." Klaus said honestly.

"Are you in love with Caroline?"

"Yes." Klaus said, feeling out of his comfort zone.

"Would you cheat on her?"

"No."

"Do you have any intention of hurting her?" Liz asked.

"No." He said honestly.

"Would you die for her?"

"Yes."

"Would you torture for her?"

"Yes."

"Would you kill for her?"

"Yes."

"Do you see a future with my daughter?"

"Yes." Klaus said and she smiled to herself because until now he was being honest.

"Which one would you choose: being human and spend the rest of your life with Caroline or being immortal without her in your life?" Liz asked, making Klaus see that she was now going to start asking harder questions.

"Being human with Caroline." Klaus said because he didn't want to think of a future that he looses Caroline.

"Would you ever put my daughter in a coffin like you did with your siblings when they would disagree with you?"

"No." Klaus said and Liz was now a bit relief.

"Would you put my daughter against me or her friends if we wouldn't accept your relationship?"

"No. I know how much you all mean to her."

"Would you stop making hybrids for her?"

"Yes."

"Would you stop killing for her?"

"Yes."

"Do you think you're enough to make her happy?"

"No. She deserves way better than a person like me. But I do intend to do everything I can to make her happy."

"Do you think she is good enough for you?"

"She's more than enough. I don't deserve her." Klaus confessed.

"I'm mortal and I'm very aware I will die one day. When that happens, will you be there for Caroline?"

"Yes."

"If my daughter turns it off, what will you do?"

"I'll do everything to make her turn her humanity back on. I couldn't let her lose her light. That's part of who she is and one of the many things I admire about her." Klaus admitted.

"If Caroline would die and come back as human, would you still date her?"

"Yes, if she still wanted to be with me." Klaus said.

"Caroline is meant to do extraordinary things, will you ever hold her back because of your jealousy and possessiveness?"

"I might be possessive and jealous but all I want is for Caroline to succeed and have her dreams come true."

"Would you live a normal life if Caroline wished that?"

"Yes."

"Would you kill your siblings for Caroline?"

"No. My siblings and I have our fights but we remain together. We made the promise of always and forever." Klaus whispered, thinking it ruined things with Liz but it made her happy because it showed her that he cared a lot about family and that was something Liz knew it was important not only to her but Caroline too.

"Acceptable. Would you dagger them for her?"

"Yes."

"If your father appeared and let you choose between killing you or Caroline, what would be your choice?"

"Killing me."

"If your siblings wouldn't like Caroline, would you break up with her?"

"No."

"Do you see a future where you and Caroline have a June wedding?"

"Yes." Klaus smirked, picturing Caroline in a wedding dress.

"If Caroline told you she wanted to have kids and wanted to adopt, what would you do?"

"I would have a serious conversation with her because not only adopting a child is a big step but we had to also consider the world we live in. Being supernatural and having so much happening, and so much danger, it would make the choice more complicated than it is but I wouldn't say no." Klaus said, leaving a very pleased Liz with his answer.

"Describe in one word a future without Caroline in your life."

"Somber."

"Describe in one word a future with Caroline in your life."

"Perfect."

"Okay. You answered every question correctly." Liz said and Klaus smirked. "But just because you passed, doesn't mean I won't have my eye on you. If you do hurt her, I will make sure you'll see what pain is. Oh... and let's this stay between us, okay."

"Whatever you wish, Sheriff." Klaus nodded.

After taking the things that were seeing his blood pressure, his breathing and his heartbeats, he left and drove for awhile to make time for the date he had in awhile with Caroline.

AN: Hey guys! What did you thought about Liz interrogating Klaus with a polygraph before letting him go to a date with Caroline? Stay tuned because next chapter will be Klarolines date.