107

Caroline was with Klaus in his room. After they got back to the mansion, Elena went to the living room with Elijah, wanting to binge watch FRIENDS so they would enjoy a moment of no drama, April and Kol joined them and so did Stefan and Rebekah, while Damon took Bonnie to his room so she could rest, even if she felt there was no need for her to rest. Klaus and Caroline were just cuddling, sometimes kissing and every once in awhile sharing blood.

"Nik... I need to be honest with you about something..." Caroline whispered.

"Are you having doubts?" Klaus quickly asked, afraid that she would say yes.

"No." Caroline said, looking at him, making him see she was now feeling vulnerable. "I am nervous about one of the things about the ritual..."

"What is making you nervous, love?"

"You seeing my memories. Knowing about my pat... Seeing what an awful terrible person I used to be." Caroline whispered, feeling vulnerable and exposed because she always tried to show how positive she was and how secure she was of herself.

"Love, I'm sure you weren't an awful person. You're so full of light and such a good person." Klaus whispered, not understanding why she would think of herself as an awful person.

"I wasn't always like this, Nik. When I was human, I let my fears get the best of me, making me be this jealous, insecure, neurotic, bitchy little twit."

"Love..." Klaus tried to deny she is or could ever be like that.

"Don't. It's true. I was awful. I was mean and selfish. I used to be an awful daughter because I blamed my mother for putting her work first, when she simply did that because she tried to make enough money to give me everything I needed. I was constantly competing with Elena... She was always my friend but I always felt that I was in her shadow and so I become mean to her and ignored her problems because in my eyes she always had everything... The guys would always pick her first, and I felt like the back-up. Because of the way I was, Bonnie was closer to Elena, which also made me feel like the back-up. I acted like a total bitch because guys fall for her and just when she wouldn't want them, they would realize I existed..."

"Love, those boys were naive and complete fools for not noticing you. I noticed you right away. When I met you, I secretly wished it would be under different reasons so I could be able to talk to you and get to know you, instead of worrying about the hybrids... Nothing that I might see in your memories will make me love you any less. And I'm not just saying that... I've tried to stop being in love with you when you would reject me but I just couldn't. It's impossible to not love you, Caroline." Klaus whispered.

"I'm scared you'll see something that will make you pity me, see me as a victim... and that you will kill someone."

"Who hurt you? Say the name and I'll make them regret they were ever born." Klaus said now upset, wanting to destroy all happiness whoever hurt Caroline had and make them wish for the mercy of death.

"Doesn't matter. It was a long time ago." Caroline whispered. "Nik, I'm asking you... actually I'm begging you... please don't hurt anyone. I forgave this person."

"What did this person do?" Klaus asked upset.

"Just promise me." Caroline whispered. "I want to complete the ritual but not if you will hurt this person."

"Fine. I won't do anything to this person. But just because it's you who are asking." Klaus whispered.

"I hate being so insecure but... you mean so much to me... and just the thought of losing you..."

"You won't lose me. I'm not going anywhere. You saw everything I did and everything I've been through, yet you stay by my side... I have no idea what I did to have your love but I'm not letting you go. I love you so much, Caroline Forbes. I'll never let you go. I intend to be your last love." Klaus whispered and Caroline kissed him passionately.