33

Klaus woke up without Caroline by his side but instead a paper with a note, he sat down on the bed and grabbed the paper to see what it said.

'Dear Klaus,

I've loved to spend the night sleeping in your arms. Today I woke up with you sleeping deeply and peacefully, I couldn't bring myself to wake you up. I have to admit that I do enjoy spend time with you and I do share some feelings for you, but I am not sure what to do about it, I keep changing my mind in what to do about it so I think it's for the best I spend the day away from you and without talking to you. I told you last night that I didn't want to use you but I did that since the minute I've asked you to be my pretend boyfriend, I can't keep using you, it's not fair to you. I can't keep letting you get hurt because of me. I can't keep you waiting for me to figure out how I feel. I can't keep doing this to you. Please, give me today to think about things. Tomorrow I'll talk to you but today I need you to give me space and time. I am only asking you this because I can't let myself hurt you any longer. I care about you, Klaus. And no matter what will happen, I'll always be here for you whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, someone to listen to you or a partner in crime. I just ask you to not hate me nor resent me about this.

With all my care and affection,
Caroline Forbes.'

Klaus didn't know what to do, at first he wanted to call her but then he realized that would go against her wishes and would make her think he didn't care for her requests or that would not respect her, so instead he did something he never thought...

Klaus didn't know what to do, at first he wanted to call her but then he realized that would go against her wishes and would make her think he didn't care for her requests or that would not respect her, so instead he did something he never thought of doing before, he went to talk with his sister.

"Klaus, What is so important that you need to wake me up so early?" Rebekah said annoyed and Klaus took her to his room and told her about what happened yesterday between him and Caroline.

"Rebekah, I have no idea what to do."

"Give her time. She only asked you for a day. I think you can handle 24 hours without her." Rebekah said but realized Klaus was very serious about this, making her sigh. "Okay. Here's the thing. You need to give her the time and space she's asking you. If this was a movie, I would tell you to run after her but that's not how it works in reality, it only will make you seem more of a creeper than you already are." Rebekah said, making Klaus give her a look. "Caroline was cheated on. That's something very hard to get over it. Caroline didn't have that great luck with boyfriends and she isn't as confident as she makes you believe. She's very insecure and vulnerable. And your relationship at first was just something you two were pretending to have because she wanted to make Tyler pay but that turned into something more and real. She is afraid of letting herself get hurt and for what she says in the letter she's also afraid of keep hurting you. She is falling for you, Nik. She just needs time and space to figure this out because what you guys have it's a bit complicated and she now is probably confused to when it went from faking to reality."

"What if she decides not to give me a chance to show her I could be the man for her?"

"Look, if she decides to be just friends, you'll be her friend and will show her that you are there for her and that you want to be part of her life, as whatever she needs you to be."

"I guess being her friend it's better than not having her in my life." Klaus said to himself.

"Nik, I know you really like her and you've had feelings for her since you two met but it's very likely she won't be ready for a relationship. Prepare yourself for that."

"Do you think she will ever give me a chance?"

"I have hope." Rebekah smiled and left.

*Meanwhile*

Caroline was in her family's cabin and was trying to use the silence to think about her relationship with Klaus and her feelings and what to do about the future.

Caroline, being the control-freak she is, she decided to make lists about the good and bad things could happen if she decided to be only friends with Klaus and another where she would agree to give him a chance to be her boyfriend. No matter how many lists she made and how many scenarios she come up with, she couldn't decide what to do.

Caroline was aware she had feelings for Klaus and that it was more than just attraction, but she was also aware of how fragile, vulnerable and insecure she was, which also made her doubt if she was even enough to be with Klaus.

She wanted to call someone to help her but she knew this was something she needed to decide on her own.

***

Damon took Bonnie to the lake so they could have some alone time without being inside a house.

"Let me guess, you picked this place just to get an excuse to see me in underwear."

"If that would be my only reason to take you here, I could very well ask you to stay in my room." Damon smirked.

"Then why here?"

"Because I know you are all into nature stuff that witches usually are and I thought it would be nice to be outside for once." Damon said.

"That's kinda sweet. I didn't knew you could actually do sweet." Bonnie teased him.

"Bon-Bon, that hurts." Damon said, pretending to be hurt with what she said then they both laughed.

" Damon said, pretending to be hurt with what she said then they both laughed