6

Mystic Falls was now going to have a small movie festival at night where many movies would show in a big white screen in the park near the Grill. Almost every high school student went because it was a nice hangout to friends and people who were dating, so Caroline invited Klaus and Rebekah invited Kol and Elijah, while Stefan invited Damon.

***

Caroline couldn't help but glance from times to times to Hayley and Tyler's direction, noticing how they seemed so happy and Klaus noticed that too, but mostly notice how Caroline was hating to see Tyler with another girl. Klaus wrapped his arms around Caroline and made her get closer to him.

"Try to forget about them, love." Klaus whispered to her ear and kissed her cheek.

"I'm trying..." Caroline whispered as she felt Klaus kissing her cheek again.

Klaus was finally enjoying being close to her without worrying it was another plan to kill him and/or his family, while Caroline enjoyed being close to Klaus. She would never admit it but the few times she got to be alone with Klaus, she noticed Klaus could be sweet and more than just that big monster, people painted him.

*Meanwhile*

Stefan was noticing Elena and Elijah talking, making Stefan feel awful because of how happy Elena was not much longer after them breaking up. Stefan went to get a drink and Rebekah quickly followed him.

"Rebekah... I really don't want to talk right now." Stefan said.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I know how much it sucks to see someone you like to be all happy with someone else. But Elijah and Elena are just friends." Rebekah said, hating to see Stefan so upset.

"Why are you saying that? Why do you want me to get my hopes up?"

"Because you're a good guy and you deserve to be happy." Rebekah said and Stefan gave her a small smile.

Rebekah might have hated seeing Stefan with Elena or even seeing Stefan remembering their time in the 20s but acting like it was nothing, but all that didn't mean she hated Stefan, she liked him and she knew she would always like him and that she wanted to see him happy, even if it was with another girl. Rebekah was aware they didn't have a long lasting relationship but he was the one who made her believe she could still find love after all the heartbreaks she went through until she met him. He was the only guy who Klaus accepted to be with her and she even thought, at the time, that it could be the start of them having a new family, a bigger family... They had lost so many people they cared about, it was nice to believe, after so many losses in their family, they would gain a few new members too.

"Thanks, Rebekah. Although, I know things between me and Elena are pretty much over. The moment she turned everything changed." Stefan admitted, for how much it hurt him because they had a great love story, he knew their relationship was near the end once she turned, not only Elena changed, their dynamic changed too.

"Well, I'm sure your future is filled with great things." Rebekah smiled at him.

"How come?"

"Because you deserve it." Rebekah said and gave a peck on his cheek then went to watch the rest of the movie and Stefan followed her.

" Rebekah said and gave a peck on his cheek then went to watch the rest of the movie and Stefan followed her

*Meanwhile*

Bonnie found Damon drinking while watching Elena and Elijah talking.

"Hey... How are you?"

"Not great, Bon-Bon. When Elena and my brother broke up I thought maybe I would get the girl but apparently, I lost to the Original in a suit." Damon said upset. "What's so great about him, anyway?"

"They are just friends. And please tell me you were not rooting for Elena and your brother to break up." Bonnie said.

"Of course not. But when they did, I felt hopeful. Maybe it was time for me to get the girl. But Stefan is always the one who gets the girl. It's always him..." Damon said.

Damon would never wish for his brother to be in pain, for how many threats he would give him, he could never stand to see him in pain... And even if Damon loved Stefan and wanted him to be happy, he couldn't be completely happy with it because he felt always jealous of his brother. Even as humans, was always Stefan the golden boy of their mother and he was always the one girls would fall for, and when they turned, Stefan becomes the good vampire while he kept hunting because blood, alcohol, and parties were the only way Damon had to keep his mind busy.

"Elena just turn into a vampire. She needs some space and time to figure everything out. She never wanted to hurt anyone..." Bonnie said.

"I know... Bon, what do you say of staying for a drink? Ric, isn't here and I don't love to drink alone."

"You really know how to make a girl feel special." Bonnie rolled her eyes but stayed drinking with Damon.

" Bonnie rolled her eyes but stayed drinking with Damon

*Meanwhile*

Tyler was noticing Caroline and Klaus being affectionate so Tyler decided to be more affectionate with Hayley and noticed Klaus whispering things to Caroline, making her smile, which upset Tyler so Tyler kept making out with Hayley.

"Why the sudden mood?" Hayley asked with a smile.

"Now, we no longer need to sneak around."

"That's true." Hayley said with a smile and kissed Tyler passionately. "I was getting tired of all the sneaking around. But we should be more careful. I don't want to get Caroline more upset. She didn't deserve to find out about us as she did..."

"She doesn't seem too worried about it." Tyler said, looking at Klaus and Caroline smiling at each other.

"Are you jealous?"

"No! Of course not! Why should I be?"

"I don't know." Hayley said. "Maybe now that you see her with Klaus..."

"I only have eyes for you, Hayley." Tyler said and kissed Hayley.