28

Bonnie was now telling Caroline and Elena about how her friendship with Damon had become more affectionate and how she tried to not make it something like friends with benefits because that never works.

"... and so all we did was caressing each other, kissing each other on the cheek or on the shoulder, maybe a little under the shirt but nothing more. But last night we were cuddling and being affectionate because you know... it was us saying goodbye... and we promised not to be this close with no one else during this week... but then he asked me for a real kiss and I couldn't deny him that. So we kissed but we said it would be just one kiss nothing more but... that kiss was really good, you know? But I don't want to ruin things by turning this into a relationship and I sure hell won't let this become friends with benefits because that only works in the movies." Bonnie said.

"Go to him. Don't be like me and Elijah. We had an amazing night and now we are acting like never happened." Elena said.

"Wait! You and Elijah had sex?! How come I never heard of this until now?" Caroline asked shocked.

"We didn't. It was during the storm. We spend the night together and we ended up blood sharing and... things got intense but we promised to never blood share nor do anything like that since then and so we are acting like nothing happened." Elena said. "He acts like I only am attracted to him because I'm a new vampire and have my feelings all messed up. I mean, I do have my feelings all messed up but I know I'm attracted to him."

"I think I'm getting really into Klaus." Caroline admitted, making the girls look at her. "And now I'm here, while he is in Mystic Falls, with girls drooling all over him and maybe he will finally get tired of chasing me around and will have fun with those sluts... And I can't even get mad at him if that happens because we aren't really dating."

***

Once Elijah woke up, got showered and got dressed, he called Elena to make sure she was feeling alright.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Elena! It's me, Elijah. You called me last night. I noticed you were a bit intoxicated." Elijah said.

"Yeah... Caroline and I wanted to see how many shots we could drink in one night... I'm sorry for calling you when I was in that awful state." Elena said feeling very embarrassed.

"It's alright. You were having fun. That's what your trip is about, right? And about what you were saying... something about the storm night..."

"I don't really remember. Last night is still a bit fuzzy to me." Elena lied, because she didn't want to talk about this over the phone.

"Oh... Alright." Elijah said and after some small talk, they said their goodbyes and hung up.

Elijah then went to the kitchen and saw Kol and Klaus talking.

"I think we should go!" Kol said and then look at Elijah. "Good morning, big brother! Don't you agree with me about going to travel to the Bahamas and pay a little visit to our sister?"

"Since when are you so concern and protective of our sister?" Elijah asked because that was usually Klaus's thing.

"He is not worried about her. He is worried about our sister's human friend, Anne."

"Her name is April." Kol said.

"I never seen you so concern with a woman before. Much less, a human." Elijah smiled, happy to see Kol's humanity showing up.

"She's more than just a human."

"I think you hit a nerve, brother." Klaus said with a smirk to Elijah.