38

Caroline and Klaus woke up cuddling and decided to stay in bed a little longer.

"We both hated this week... Maybe we shouldn't be out of each other's lives like that." Klaus whispered as caressed her cheek.

"I know. And we did agree on being there for each other. I just... I didn't know if you would want to see me again, or be around me." Caroline whispered.

"It's been awful not to see you nor be around you." Klaus whispered, moving his hand from her cheek to her waist.

"You are making very hard for me to be selfless with you." Caroline whispered. "But I need to be. You deserve the best. You deserve someone much better than me."

"I want you. You're perfect! You're everything a man could ask for and more." Klaus whispered, meaning it. "I've never felt so much pain like I did during this week. I can't imagine myself being happy when I don't have you in my arms."

"You de-" Klaus quickly cut her off with a kiss, a longing and loving kiss, a kiss that was pure, that had no intention to take things further.

"I don't deserve you. You deserve someone much better than me. I don't deserve to be loved by someone so good and full of light like you. I'm being selfish by asking you to give us a chance. Be selfish too and give us a chance." Klaus said, almost begging her.

***

Elijah woke up with Elena by his side, realizing she had been looking at him sleeping. They were both fully clothed because even if they were now officially dating, Elijah wanted to take things slow, not only because they wanted to be serious when they would happen but also because they both had their fears, Elijah feared this would be a fling for Elena or that she would realize her feeling for him weren't of love, while Elena feared not be as good as Katherine or that he would be thinking of her once they would be together.

"Good morning, Snuggle Bear!" Elena whispered with a smile.

"Good morning, Angel!" Elijah whispered with a smile and gave her a kiss. "You were watching me sleep again, weren't you?"

"Yeah! But, in my defense, you do the same. You always stay up, watching me fall asleep." Elena said, making Elijah smile. "Elijah...?"

"Yes, my lovely Elena..." Elijah whispered so she would continue.

"I'm sorry if I haven't been that much present during this week. It's been a week since we started dating and I feel like I've been letting you down."

"What are you talking about?" Elijah asked confused.

"You know... the fact that instead of spending time with you, I've been with Caroline to see how she's been handling things and... I don't want you to think that you're not important to me, because you are."

"Elena, I understand. I would never ask you to stop being there for your friends. You being so caring and compassionate is part of why I fallen in love with you." Elijah whispered, meaning it, making Elena smile and kiss him.

"You're the best boyfriend a girl could ask for." Elena smiled.

" Elena smiled

***

April, Kol, Rebekah and Stefan fall asleep, last night, in the home theatre room. Rebekah fallen asleep on Stefan's lap, with her head resting on his head while he fall asleep with his arms wrapped around her and with his head resting on her shoulder. April had fallen asleep, seating next to Kol and so he let her lay down in the couch but she woke up when he was covering her with a blanket and asked him to stay, so they were now sleeping on the couch with a blanket covering them.

"Hmm"

"Good morning, darling!" Kol whispered to April and gave her a peck on the shoulder.

"Good morning, Kol!" April smiled, enjoying waking up in his arms.

April felt protected when he was around, not that she felt danger when he was gone but it was different with him around, she felt happier, she felt her heart beating faster, she felt the need to be around him. April never was like this with a guy before, making her be a little outside of her comfort zone but because it was Kol, she didn't mind, but she did fear of doing something wrong that would make him run away from her.

"How did you slept?" Kol whispered, making her turn to face him.

"I slept well. You?"

"How could I not, when I have you in my arms?" Kol whispered with a smirk and gave a peck on her forehead.

April noticed how close Rebekah and Stefan were so she gave a signal to Kol so they would leave and the two of them went to the kitchen and made some breakfast.

***

"They've noticed. We made them leave. I should go talk with April..." Rebekah whispered while feeling Stefan kissing her neck.

"Don't leave. Stay a bit longer." Stefan whispered, making her rest her forehead in his.

"We shouldn't even be acting like this. You should get some space and time to get over Elena."

"I'm over her." Stefan whispered.

"How can you be so sure?" Rebekah asked.

"Because I have feelings for someone else." Stefan whispered and gave her a peck on the nose.

"You know Klaus is not over Caroline, right?" Rebekah said with a smirk.

"Very funny. It's not him. It's a beautiful woman, actually."

"Really? What more can you tell me about this woman?" Rebekah asked and so Stefan got in the game.

"She's a great friend, she's kind, protective, caring, loving, adventurous, sassy, up-front, loyal, smart, brave, funny, romantic and she's also a dreamer." Stefan whispered. "I've just been very dumb to be oblivious to that and now I'm willing to show her I now see the real her and that I intend to fight for her love."

"A great woman like that... she will probably make you really fight to be with her." Rebekah said.

"It will be all worth it." Stefan whispered with a smile as she blushed.

AN: Hey guys! What are you thinking of the story so far? Do you think Caroline will finally give her relationship with Klaus a chance? What do you think about the nicknames Elena and Elijah give to each other? What are you thinking about the way I...

AN: Hey guys! What are you thinking of the story so far? Do you think Caroline will finally give her relationship with Klaus a chance? What do you think about the nicknames Elena and Elijah give to each other? What are you thinking about the way I'm writing Stebekah/Klaroline/Elejah/Kol&April?