47

Caroline finally got to the boarding house and when she went to Stefan's room she saw him with a towel covering his hair but was fully clothed, and was clearly done with his shower for some time.

"What's going on? You sounded very worried." Caroline said.

"Something awful happened. All because of Damon!" Stefan said upset.

"What did he do this time?" Caroline asked, rolling her eyes.

"He ruined something that he knew was important to me. He said it would be a way to show Rebekah how much she meant to me. But I know he just did to mock me." Stefan said.

"What did he do? Oh! Did he shave your hair?" Caroline asked.

"No. He would be in the dungeon if he had dared to do something like that."

"What did he do, then?"

"This!" Stefan said taking the towel of his head, revealing his green hair.

"Oh my God..." Caroline said speechless. "Why don't you go to get your hair back to its natural color?"

"I can't go out with my hair like this!"

"Fine. I'll go buy a few products and will take care of your hair. No one will know your hair was ever green. Although it's not that bad, you kinda look like joker."

"No, I don't! It makes me look like those creepy clowns without the makeup." Stefan argued.

"Well, at least nobody but me and Damon will see it." Caroline said and then her phone buzzed and she saw it was a text from Damon with a photo of Stefan with green hair. "Okay, maybe a few more people will know."

"What?" Stefan asked and Caroline showed the photo that Damon send to her, Bonnie, Elena, April and the Mikaelsons.

Stefan's phone buzzed and he saw it was Rebekah calling him.

"I can't talk to her now. You take it. Tell her was photoshopped or something."

"I'm a horrible liar." Caroline said and Stefan answered the call and made Caroline talk on the phone for him.

"Stefan's phone. This is Caroline."

"Hey Care! I didn't know you were with Stefan... I just saw the photo Damon send us. I wanted to see how Stefan was doing."

"He is fine. And that wasn't his hair. It was all a prank." Caroline said and nervously laughed.

"Can I talk with Stefan?"

"No. He is in the bathroom."

"Well, I'm sure it won't take him that long to get back, right?"

"It will." Caroline said.

"Why?" Rebekah asked and Caroline gave Stefan a look so Stefan tried to find a good excuse. "Care...?"

"Because he has explosive diarrhea! Yeah... Stefan has explosive diarrhea." Caroline said, cursing herself for being so bad in finding excuses or lying.

" Caroline said, cursing herself for being so bad in finding excuses or lying

"O-Okay... I hope he gets better. I didn't knew that would happen to vampires but... okay." Rebekah said. "And why are you there?"

"Because Stefan... used all the toilet paper he had and needed more... because of his diarrhea. Yeah, that's a good reason..." Caroline said.

"Okay... Can you tell him I called? And if he needs something, he can call me."

"Will do." Caroline said and hung up.

"What the hell were you thinking?! You just told Bekah I had diarrhea. How will I look at her again?"

"Explosive diarrhea, actually. Which is a serious problem." Caroline said and Stefan gave her a look. "Doesn't matter." Caroline smiled nervously. "I told you I was a terrible liar."

"Can you get me the hair products?"

"Of course. And sorry for the diarrhea thing." Caroline said and quickly left.

***

Rebekah found the phone call very weird, but she decided to get one of the many boxes of tea that she had and went to go see Stefan. Once she got to the Salvatore Boarding House, she heard footsteps on Stefan's room so she went to his room and when opened the door, she heard him vamp speeding to the bathroom.

"Stefan? I don't know if Caroline told you but I called you and she told me what was going on with you, so I decided to get you some tea. It could help making you feel better."

"I don't have diarrhea!" Stefan said, getting off the bathroom with the towel hiding his hair.

"What?" Rebekah asked, not knowing now what to think.

"I asked Caroline to lie for me."

"Why?"

"Because... Because the photo is true. Damon pranked me and when I took a shower I thought I was using my shampoo and conditioner but they were products to make my hair green..."

"That's definitely not as bad as diarrhea."

"Yes. I should have thought about a lie instead of letting Caroline make up a lie." Stefan said, making Rebekah smile.

"I don't think it was that bad." Rebekah said and took his towel off. "It seemed worst in the photo."

"Aww! Look at you making up lies just to make me feel better." Stefan said. "Don't worry. You don't have to lie much longer, Caroline went to get a few hair products to get my hair back to how it was."

"Stefan..." Rebekah whispered, making him look at her with full attention. "Why did you call Caroline to help you and not me?"

Rebekah knew Caroline liked Klaus and that Stefan and Caroline were simply good friends but she couldn't help feel a bit jealous that Stefan trusted Caroline to help him out, instead of her.

"Because I didn't want you to see me like this. I'm awful. And last night you said how much you loved my hair and I feared that once you saw me like this, you wouldn't want me around."

"Do you really think I'm that shallow?"

"Of course not. I don't think you're shallow. I just... I didn't want you to see me like this." Stefan said.

"I am around you because I enjoy being in your company. And no matter which color your hair will be, or if you shave your hair... I will still enjoy being around you." Rebekah said, making Stefan smile.

"You're incredible..." Stefan whispered.

"I'm back!" Caroline said, getting in the room. "Bekah, Hey! Oh! Stefan... Your hair... what happened? I'm completely shocked! I had no idea the photo was real."

"I told her everything." Stefan said.

"Seriously?! Then why did you make me lie?" Caroline asked and before Stefan could answer she said to Rebekah. "I'm so sorry I lied. Stefan asked me and he is my best friend... He doesn't have explosive diarrhea and I hated to lie to you. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine. Now let's get Stefan's hair back, before he goes dark and becomes the vampire version of the Joker." Rebekah said with a smile.

"Care, which products did you got?"

"Don't worry, I got the best ones. I know how your hair is like your baby."

"And then they say girls are the ones who spend too much time worried with their hair." Rebekah said rolling her eyes.

"Can we just get my hair back to normal?"

"Fine. Let's go to the bathroom." Caroline said and the three went to the bathroom to get Stefan's hair back to normal.