93

It was night and Esther was now in the living room with Niklaus, Elijah, Rebekah and Kol asking her to have a serious conversation because they found it odd her not being home and only coming back home after hours of them being back to reality.

"Why do I feel that you are doubting my word?" Esther asked.

"I don't know. Maybe because it is odd that you took so long to be back." Rebekah said.

"I went to a place outside Mystic Falls to practice magic before I passed out and when I was back, I had to find my way back."

"Mother, can't you see that is a bit suspicious?" Elijah asked calmly.

"I have a few questions." Kol said, walking over to the table, facing his mother. "Are you smelling smoke? Are you feeling that it's hot? Have you experienced any growth when it comes to the size of your nose?"

 "Are you smelling smoke? Are you feeling that it's hot? Have you experienced any growth when it comes to the size of your nose?"

"What?" Esther asked confused.

"We all knew Kol would go mad one of these days. I actually thought he wouldn't be able to keep his sanity for as long as he did." Rebekah whispered to Klaus, who smirked, making Elijah give them a look.

"I apologize. I'll be more direct. What I meant by those question was to say: Liar, Liar, your pants are on fire, nose as long as a telephone wire!" Kol said.

"Are you 5?" Rebekah asked.

"That was quite amusing, brother. Nice way to light up the mood." Klaus smirked.

"In deed. What I loved about it was how it had a story behind it." Elijah said, making his mother and his siblings look at him confused. "I mean, starting with the part of Liar, Liar, your pants are on fire, which clearly referenced the poem The Liar by William Blake written in 1810, which starts by Deceiver, dissembler/ Your trousers are alight, then using a Pinocchio reference by saying nose as long as a telephone wire." Elijah smiled amused to himself and said. "That was truly amusing."

"Just you to make a fun children's rhyme something so boring

"Just you to make a fun children's rhyme something so boring." Kol whispered and Elijah looked at him confused.

"How could a child think of a rhyme with such meaning and history?" Elijah asked.