21

Klaus and Caroline were in the Grill with Stefan and Rebekah. Klaus has his arm wrapped around Caroline while holding her hand and Stefan was with his arm resting on Rebekah's chair, enjoying spending time with her.

"I'm gonna get some drinks. Stefan, will you help me?" Rebekah said giving him a signal to let Klaus and Caroline have some alone time.

"Do you think they will work out? I know he is wrapped around her little finger almost since he met her but... what if they won't work? They can be so different but also similar. It's weird..."

"Why are you so concerned?" Rebekah asked, feeling jealous but not wanting to show.

"Because Caroline is my best friend and I think Klaus could really make her happy. The thing is that I don't think she will ever let herself to be truly with someone. She might have not had many boyfriends but she already went through a lot of heartbreak." Stefan said. "I hope Klaus will make her happy."

"I hope Caroline won't see my brother as just a rebound. I never seen my brother like this over a girl... But I've seen him in pain and feeling betrayed... He doesn't handle that very well." Rebekah whispered.

Once Rebekah and Stefan looked at their booth, they saw Caroline and Klaus kissing.

Caroline was enjoying kissing Klaus. This kiss was completely different from how she had been kissed before. It all started when Klaus was kissing her cheek and making her smile, then he kissed the corner of her lips and they quickly found themselves kissing. Unlike what Caroline was used to, this kiss wasn't just possessive and hungry, this kiss wasn't just some foreplay for sex... Klaus was kissing and not asking more than that, he was simply enjoying kissing her, which made the kiss feel more personal and special.

Once they broke the kiss, he rest his forehead on hers, noticing her still with her eyes closed, still feeling their kiss. Caroline opened her eyes, glancing at Klaus's lips, which were smirking, then she looked into his eyes, still feeling breathless and speechless with their kiss. Klaus let his thumb on her lips and slowly moved down, feeling her lower lip and then her jaw.

"You're breathtaking, love." Klaus whispered.

***

Stefan and Rebekah were now out of the Grill and Stefan decided to show Rebekah something.

"What are we doing here?" Rebekah asked, once noticed Stefan took her to the high school.

"Before this was a high school, this was a park I used to go when I was human. I stayed here simply to watch the stars and enjoy the small sounds of the night, while wondering about the world, about life, about everything and nothing at the same time."

"I'm sorry the park was destroyed..." Rebekah whispered.

"That won't stop me from enjoying the night and everything I did in here as a human." Stefan said, making Rebekah give him a confused look. "Do you trust me?"