49

It was finally the day of the Miss Mystic Falls pageant.

April was showing Rebekah, Caroline and Elena the two dresses Kol bought for her as she tried to get ready for the pageant.

"Blue." Caroline and Elena said in union.

"Really? Doesn't the blue seem a little safe?" Rebekah asked.

"Safe is good..." Elena said and looked at April. "... when it comes to the judges."

"She's right! Gracie Lockwood had a three-foot slit her year and practically got laughed off the court." Caroline said as she laughed along with Elena.

" Caroline said as she laughed along with Elena

"Hello, ladies! April, you look lovely as ever." Kol said, making April blush.

"Get out, lurker!" Rebekah said, throwing a black object to Kol.

"Ouch! So violent..." Kol said sarcastically. "I just come by to wish April good luck..." Kol said and looked at April. "Not that you need it. And I would go with the red dress."

"We've already agreed that the red one is a little bit too showy." Caroline said.

"It's a pageant. That's the whole point."

"Did you win Miss Mystic Falls last year? No, I don't think you did." Caroline said.

"Besides, nobody cares what you think." Rebekah said rolling her eyes.

"I care." April said.

"See? April cares

"See? April cares." Kol said.

"Just get out." Rebekah said, pushing Kol to leave the room.

"So... which one?"

"Whichever one you want to wear, April." Elena said with a smile and left the room to go see if Elijah was already appeared.

***

Elena walked over to the stairs, to go see if Elijah had come, but once she got to the stairs, she saw Elijah turning around, looking at her. Elijah didn't need to hear the footsteps, just Elena's scent was enough for Elijah to feel her entering in the room.